Cheerwine

pagan696

cwine_can.jpgdcwine_can.jpg

new

300px-Cheerwine.jpg

old

but the "real deal Cheerwine" is this formula, still made w 100% real cane sugar (not even US Coca-Cola has that anymore, but the Mex version does)

cw_bottle_lg_fornutritionpg.JPG

bottled in Salisbury, NC since 1917

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

Nice. I'm glad they dropped the "soft drink" below the logo...that always annoyed me, and it's been there since at least the late 80's, when I was first introduced to its greatness.

I'm a frequent consumer of this beverage...I probably account for about 25% of total sales for Diet Cheerwine. It's cheap ($0.89 for a 2-liter) and tastes good hot or cold, which is good because the refrigerator in our room has enough space for about 3 20 ounces. :rolleyes: Perfect for college students.

And I'm pretty sure it's available in only "th Carolina" states...I can't remember if I saw it the last times I was in Tennessee or Virginia.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

There was this stuff called Ski made near St. Louis. Its canned in Tennessee, but a bottling plant in Breese Illinois still puts it into the returnable bottles. that stuff is made with pure cane sugar and its intense sweet. Almost too sweet.

I wish I knew about this stuff earlier. I would have looked for it in my two previous trips to South Carolina. Also, the Mexican Cokes do taste better than the US cokes. Sure I pay more for them, but I like buying them at Mexican supermarkets in my area.

• 2 weeks later...

If sometime you get a dr Pepper at a restaurant, ask them to put some grenadine in it.. it makes like a cherry Dr. Pepper.. this is similar to cheerwine.

Cheerwine is in stores in GA, but not at the QT, its on the bottom shelf of the Ingles Grocery, or somewhere small like that.

There is one plants in Texas that still makes Dr Peper with sugar cane. Pretty tasty.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Cool, Joel.. good to know. Hey, by the way, I heard they might be getting new packaging.

Whats it taste like, anyway?

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

• 2 weeks later...
I'm glad they dropped the "soft drink" below the logo...

I guess they felt like they needed to point out it is a soft drink since Wine is part of the name. From a design standpoint, though, I agree. It always bugged me too.

Archived