Wings In Stripes

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Heres an "Update" for ya.

reds76.jpg

Nuff said.

except there would be pinstripes.

The blue is what they used in the 1950's.

But that's basically what it will look like.

Kinda like the 90s

I bet I went to a zillion games in that very stadium. Those are the 76 Reds...can you even FATHOM how much that lineup would cost in today's marketplace?

Couldn't happen.

I'm pretty much with everyone who's saying to just have red and white as their color scheme. The only thing they really have to change with their uniforms is to eliminate the black and replace it with red. If that's done, they'll have really sharp and unique looking uniforms.

Why can't teams just have two colors? Red and White?? Why the need to muck it up with blue. As has been said on this thread--too many teams with navy blue already.

Bring back the Whale!

I like their red alts.

pMLB1-1318732reg.jpg

I concur. I'm against this- blue is too common place, and black was on the verge of being phased out as a major color. I'd like to see them ditch the pin stripes and go with the alternate as the home uni. The blue is just meh, and frankly I'm a little T.O'd that I now have to buy blue drop shadowed jerseys instead of my perfectly good black drop shadowed jerseys..

Heres an "Update" for ya.

reds76.jpg

Nuff said.

except there would be pinstripes.

The blue is what they used in the 1950's.

But that's basically what it will look like.

Kinda like the 90s

I bet I went to a zillion games in that very stadium. Those are the 76 Reds...can you even FATHOM how much that lineup would cost in today's marketplace?

Couldn't happen.

Yeah I know that would be more expensive the the Yanks

IMO current Reds uni's are near perfect. Just use home cap on road.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

This is what the Reds wore from 1947 to 1955 (they had varrying degrees of navy in their uniforms from 1917 to 1955):

nl_1947_cincinnati.gif

"I still think a tag team of Jimmy B and Melo could kick the :censored: out of Jesus and God."

Syracuse Orangemen

2003 National Champions

When will the Mets follow suit?

I know I'm in the minority, but I like some of the black in the Mets' jerseys.

From an historical standpoint, the Blue and Orange were derived from the two original New York National League teams, so adding the black is just encorporating another element of the New York Giants colorset.

Now I'd love to see them drop both black jerseys, both black hats, as well as the new batting helmets (but that's another thread altogether.) But I think the black did good things for the home pinstripes and road greys, and made the home white alternates (at least it was originally an alternate) perfect. But that's just my two cents.

"I still think a tag team of Jimmy B and Melo could kick the :censored: out of Jesus and God."

Syracuse Orangemen

2003 National Champions

This is what the Reds wore from 1947 to 1955 (they had varrying degrees of navy in their uniforms from 1917 to 1955):

nl_1947_cincinnati.gif

Nothing wrong with these, except I think the Reds are one of two teams (Pirates being the other) who look much better in vests.

metslogo_215.gif

I'm in the camp that says the Reds need to use red undershirts and caps on the road. The rest of the black, as far as I'm concerned, can stay. That way, they'd almost look like a modern take on the old 70s uniforms.

LvZYtbZ.png

I want some feedback from Reds fans here, because I am giving my outside opinion.

I loved the Reds' mid 90's jerseys. The home jersey was very nice and clean. Of course, it was worn with a white pinstriped cap, but I think it would work with a solid red cap.

I thought the road jerseys were even better. The red pinstripes against a grey jersey was very bold and unique. I think it worked really well. Adding in the lettering - red with just a white outline, their sleeve patch, and the unique number font (same as in the 70's, IIRC), and that jersey was beautiful. What do Reds fans think of those jerseys? Would their return be welcome?

Also, I agree that navy is the wrong way to go. Red and white is all they need. The current home jersey isn't too bad, but I always thought the revamped logo was too busy. Anyway, if the Reds MUST have a third color, how about grey? If it was used very sparringly as an accent color on home and alt jerseys, and it didn't appear in the logo, I think it would look nice.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I thought the road jerseys were even better. 

No they weren't, they were hideous IMO. The grey was good, but no pinstripes on the roads, please.

12rf.jpg

I posted this in the Concepts months ago. This is just my opinion of how they should look. (Yes, that is a vest. Not a faux Disneyesque Angels In the Outfield vest.)

my07.jpg

Personally, I love the pinstriped roads and the home set complete with pinstriped cap that went with it... but I'm not a Reds fan, so I'll defer to you. That concept looks better than what they've got now, IMO. (And the number do look wrong on the left)

I was trying to stay with the way that the pullovers were done.

1987home.jpg

1984road.jpg

Archived