Reds Dropping Black

Wings In Stripes

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I heard (I think in Lukas' column) that their third color is going to be navy blue, much like the old days.

Should be interesting, anyway.

Just what baseball needs: another red & navy blue team.

Braves

Indians

Twins

Red Sox

Nationals

Cardinals

I won't even include the Yankees and Angels, even the Cubs with their BP gear, though arguments can be made for them as well.

Pick a different color scheme!

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

Well to be fair the Cubs are royal blue. And I think it would be used in the same way black is used now; sparingly, with only hints of it on the logo and perhaps cap. I don't forsee navy alts or anything.

I have an idea how about every single team wear the same colors! Oh that would be wonderful because then teams that have colors that don't sell well can confuse people by looking like the Yankees, Braves, and Indians! In honor of Passover, all I have to say is OY VEY! :rolleyes:

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Well to be fair the Cubs are royal blue. And I think it would be used in the same way black is used now; sparingly, with only hints of it on the logo and perhaps cap. I don't forsee navy alts or anything.

He's referring to the Navy Blue Cubs' BP jerseys.

I HATE this idea. If anything, tone the Black down; don't get rid of it or replace it.

I like this idea, it's not like they were the Cincinnati Black and Reds, they are the Reds.

Well, they're not the Cincinnati Navy Blue and Reds either.

To me navy is no different then black in this case except that the black is actually more original...

I liked what the Reds had. They had gone SLIGHTLY overboard with it, but they were darn close to using black great. What they need changed on their current set is to start wearing a red cap with a blakc bill on the roads. They could change to red sleeves, but that's not really necessary even.

I like that they are clearly red at home, but then allow for the black to be a little bit more prominent on the roads.

But whatever. When will the Mets follow suit?

I personally would rather see black than navy blue. How many teams have black and red in the MLB? Sure I dont want to see black alt's or so much black being used, but if it was trimmed down a little bit, it would be perfect.

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

About the story on the front page..............

Cincinnati has 2 N's not 2 T's

Just a heads up :D

It has 3 N's, no? :rolleyes:

Doctor: Two Bs?

Fletch: One B -- B-A-B-A-R

Doctor: That's two Bs.

Fletch: I thought you meant right together...

OK, sorry. Back to regularly scheduled uni discussion. I would agree that if it's navy vs. black, I'd go with black in a slightly lesser form. As some suggested, more trim, no black sleeves, etc. I'd prefer straight up red and white over both, but I agree that there's enough navy and red in the world.

Of course, this would open up black and red (preferably with yellow and/or orange) for a new Tampa Bay scheme. Now that the Pirates almost totally dumped red and the Reds are dumping black, it could be a Miami Heat-esque look (or even KC Chiefs) that's unique to MLB and would go well with a Tampa Bay Rays theme. Just a thought.

This sucks.

I'm prolly the in the minority on this but i like the black on their jerseys

I like this idea, it's not like they were the Cincinnati Black and Reds, they are the Reds.

Its not like they are the Cincinnati Red and Blues either.

Archived