Diamondback jersey question

brinkeguthrie

Is it me, or do the Diamondbacks vest jerseys look kinda funny in front, without a numeral across from the A logo?

I do like how the letters are individually sewn on rather than a strip.

Also--

Say I play for the Cubs and wear number 15. I get traded to the Giants. Do I get to request #15 if no one has it? Or does the equip mgr just give me a # and say that's it. Always wondered.

Say I play for the Cubs and wear number 15. I get traded to the Giants. Do I get to request #15 if no one has it? Or does the equip mgr just give me a # and say that's it. Always wondered.

I'm sure if your prior number is available, they'll give it to you, but I guess if it's not, they'll ask what you want.

usually, that is the case. when its' not, you can always buy it off the guy wearing it, that is if it's not retired. case in point, Nomah wore 8 for his Cubs debut, but the next day had swapped with Michael Barrett for 5. Oddly, Barrett could have reclaimed 5 after Nomah left, but didn't, and now Ronny Cedeno wears 5.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

usually, that is the case. when its' not, you can always buy it off the guy wearing it, that is if it's not retired. case in point, Nomah wore 8 for his Cubs debut, but the next day had swapped with Michael Barrett for 5. Oddly, Barrett could have reclaimed 5 after Nomah left, but didn't, and now Ronny Cedeno wears 5.

Nomar bought #5 off of Barrett for the price of a vacation or something like that. Barrett kept #8 because after the switch he's been having the best hitting of his career.

Just wanted to chime in that Ronnie Cedeno is the man, and looks great out there with #5 emblazoned across the pins.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I think what looks really weird for the D-Backs is having that high-slanting "Arizona" on the road jerseys without a number underneath it. Those have always looked really unbalanced to me ever since they took the front numbers off.

(Bring back the purple alts!)

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I think the problem with the DBacks' jerseys is not so much the missing number, but the logo itself. Because it is slanted to the right, your eye naturally follows that motion, which leads to directly into the armpit. If it were slanted the other direction, it would lead to the center of the jersey, giving a more balanced feel.

Both the Tigers and Yankees have a pretty balanced logo, not leaning to one side or the other. That being said, a number might even things out a bit for the DBacks.

dbacks.gif mariners.gif

wait, didn't they used to have white hats?

cream/white with purple brim ... and teal with purple brim, and black with teal brim ... and black batting helmet with the A and a purple brim ... and a purple batting helmet with the D-snake.

way way too many options!

Too many options, indeed. Isnt there something sickening about a franchise that feels like it must make a change every 20 minutes?

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

The original D-Backs jerseys were better

nl_1998_arizona.gif

Much better than these

nl_2005_arizona.gif

I think they're all ugly. Arizona needs an overhaul. I think if they used Houston's colors, and Houston went back to Blue and orange, it'd be better for the both of em.

Archived