MN Wild Alternate Concept

phire

• 10 months later...

Good job. It will be interesting to compare it to the real alt, which will hit the ice in ONE WEEK against Colorado.

I'm going to be there. Anyone else? Mockba?

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

I like it, but must give a suggestion.  I like when alts aren't just a third color of the same jersey.  You have added the middle stripe and ties, so it isn't exact, but the biggest change on a third should be the crest.  The Bruins, Oilers, Rangers (the best alt), Avs, Flames, Ducks, Blue Jackets, and others have done this.  Two teams that haven't that come to mind are the Panthers (it is a slightly modified logo) and the Canucks, and I think those alts are worthless.  Try that uni with thier Wild wordmark.

In war there is no prize for runner-up. -- Omar N. Bradley

Sorry, one more suggestion.  I love the Wild's white but don't care for the green as much.  The reason is that the shoulder area above the twin stripes is a different color than the rest of the jersey.  Try this with white shoulders (will either rock or suck) or put beige or green on the shoulder and maybe switch that color stripe out for white.

In war there is no prize for runner-up. -- Omar N. Bradley

One very minor issue with an otherwise great looking concept.  I find the varying stripe widths distracting.  I'd make the shoulder stripes a tad bigger and the bottom stripes a tad smaller so that they are identical in width.  That's the only suggestion I have.  I think these sweaters would look great with the green pants, not unlike another red-green hockey combo that most people on this board (myself not included) are happy is no longer in use.

Sorry, one more suggestion. I love the Wild's white but don't care for the green as much. The reason is that the shoulder area above the twin stripes is a different color than the rest of the jersey. Try this with white shoulders (will either rock or suck) or put beige or green on the shoulder and maybe switch that color stripe out for white.

I agree and have not only stated that here before, but posted a quickly mocked up image of that same thing as well. (I'd post it again, but didn't save it)

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

I'm going to be there. Anyone else? Mockba?

I forgot to see if my friend who sits in 216 kept the tickets for that night when he sold off a large chunk of his season tickets.  If he did, I may very well be there.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Archived