Toronto FC name chosen today

steve61

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great logo. Wish the top was a lil more like a leaf.

This team actually understands nicknames:

"The absence of a conventional sports nickname is deliberate," Anselmi added. "We wanted the whole city to feel ownership and we want to provide the opportunity for a meaningful nickname to emerge over time."

Don't let marketing departments decide a nickname, let time.

New Crest:

FzMF8GiO.jpg

Pretty sweet, IMHO.

Agreed. I especially like the maple leaf fashioned out of soccer ball panels.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Very Nice indeed.

BTW, is it just me, or do most of the newer logos of the MLS look like they could double as wine labels?

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

As a Toronto Soccer fan I am relieved that they went this route. The other choice of "inter Toronto" smacked of pandering to the Italian community. After MLSE had went retro with the "Marlies" they have made amends here. I'm guessing that their new colour scheme will closely reflect the Raptors new scheme. Hockey - Blue / White, Basketball & Soccer - Red Black White Silver. Keep it consistent.

Very nice logo. A traditional badge, rendered in a modern way. Hands down, the best badge in Major League Soccer.

Given the presence of Toronto Reds in the recent "Name the Team" poll, why do I get the feeling that a version of this logo exists somewhere with Toronto Reds emblazoned on it in place of Toronto FC? For precisely that reason, I'm betting that the powers-that-be at MLSE are secretly hoping that Reds is the supporter-generated "meaningful nickname" that happens to "emerge over time".

"The absence of a conventional sports nickname is deliberate," Anselmi added. "We wanted the whole city to feel ownership and we want to provide the opportunity for a meaningful nickname to emerge over time."

Translation...

"Alright, you guys found out about the Inter Toronto FC plans early... and apparently you thought it stunk... so we decided to not have a name at all. How do you like them apples?"

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

It could use a little more blue in it...otherwise, I'm proud to say that I would buy some merchandise with that on it!

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

This is a logo I could get used to. I like it a lot. The name, too. Excellent choice.

Hopefully Buffalo won't be getting a MLS team soon - we don't want a Sabres-Leafs type thing.

On this day, Canada, I applaud you. :flagcanada: But only until 4 PM - then it's Sabres-Sens for me. :)

This is one of the classiest-looking crests in the MLS. You could splash this on a team in the English Premiership and it wouldn't look out of place (a notion that the anti-euro naming coalition will likely point out with disdain).

edit: This looks like a different wordmark.

wkkxVfxg.gif

Archived