Portland Beacons (MLH Fantasy Hockey)

jeh-see

not a single one of them is a bad logo...

however, to me, it doesn't look like one team's package. it looks like 3 proposed concepts for one team to choose from. there's nothing that really makes all the logos look like one set.

I agree, Within each logo there is a lighthouse, and each lighthouse is different.

Personally right now I am liking the secondary logo the best out of any of the

others. Try placing thicker outlines around your logos, and avoid tiny little detailed lines such as the ones in the primary and alternate. Also mabe try to cut down the color scheme, I am counting 4 colors, two greys, and white.

I see alot of potential in these, with some work you will have a very nice package.

-Gamecock

Untitled-3.gif

-s82.designs.webpage-

Brilliams!

Ownership

-CFA: South Beach Sharks

-NCFA: 2007 Beantown Bowl Champions; BNE Co-Champions

however, to me, it doesn't look like one team's package. it looks like 3 proposed concepts for one team to choose from. there's nothing that really makes all the logos look like one set.

i can see where u are coming from on that. but i really wanted the alternate to stand out because Ben wanted a fisherman (and i DEFINITELY didnt want to redo that!) so i figured the alternate was the best way to utilize that. Perhaps it will meld together better once its on the uniform. BUT while we are on the topic, Cole, any tips or pointers u can give me to draw them into unison?

thanks!

~UJ

i can see where u are coming from on that. but i really wanted the alternate to stand out because Ben wanted a fisherman (and i DEFINITELY didnt want to redo that!) so i figured the alternate was the best way to utilize that. Perhaps it will meld together better once its on the uniform. BUT while we are on the topic, Cole, any tips or pointers u can give me to draw them into unison?

thanks!

~UJ

Not Cole, but ...

1. Pick one lighthouse and use it throughout. And not the lighthouse you have with the fisherman, which looks like MS clipart. I think the primary lighthouse is decent, but poorly executed, and the secondary lighthouse is like a whole bag full of awesome. My favorite by far. But whatever. Pick one, use it throughout.

2. Make the shading on the fisherman simpler and bolder, to match the simpler, bolder shapes of the other two logos.

Those two steps would draw the whole thing much more together for me without a top-to-bottom revision of the whole package.

20082614447.png

Now why couldn't the NY Islanders have picked this for a new identity?

The only change I'd make is to the lighthouse in the alternate logo. I'd make it look just like the other two for continuity. Otherwise it looks pretty good.

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

Now why couldn't the NY Islanders have picked this for a new identity?

ill take that as a HUGE compliment. Now, since the consensus seems to be a standard on the lighthouse, i did so. ill be posting the modified work shortly. i also dropped the "BEACONS" from the primary and will save that for the actual script logo. I really dont want to tinker with the actual fisherman in the alternate, but I do agree that the lighthouse weakens the logo a lot. i took the lighthouse from the secondary, since, again, the consensus is it is the better of the three and placed it in all the logos with minor variations about the beams of light. ill post in a second.

thanks for the C and C. keep it coming.

~UJ

UJ, the second set is a great improvement over the first set. I really like the way you used only one lighthouse instead of one. However...

There is still some differences between all three logos, mainly in the line weight. In the primary, all lines are pretty bold, while on the second one the outline is thinner, and on the alternate, the fisherman is very detailed. I think that if you could get all lines to look similar it would add to the overall impression. Also, maybe change the fisherman's colors. It looks 'added' on to the logo right now as it doesn't re-use any of the current colors.

You could also try to keep similar shapes for every logo. While the first two are definitely more rounded, the third one looks a bit out of sync with the triangle. And maybe unbalanced to the left as most elements are left of the logo.

As for personal taste, I'd like to see the light beam on the primary as well... Maybe it'll look good, maybe not...

But it's a good start, and very close to being top notch!

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

I'm with the majority on the secondary logo, I think it'd make a great primary. What about taking the lighthouse out of the alternate, and just using the fisherman inside the triangle as the alternate? Kind of like what the Oilers jerseys have on the shoulders...

How very phallic.

Thanks for contributing to the critique, d!ck.

And yeah, that definitely needed a, "The lighthouse part of the logo is borrowed from the UMass-Boston athletics department." Be prepared to be hammered to the ground UJ.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

SECONDARY:

Portland-Beacons-Secondary.jpg

That secondary logo looks like the UMass Boston athletic logo.

Anniversary-logo.jpg

i had no idea it was already a mark. i just google image searched lighthouse clip art and that came up as a generic image (it may have even been an ask.com image search?). I will give credit where it is due, as I always do. thanks for finding that and pointing it out. ill fix that now.

~UJ

Archived