Most memorable NHL regular season game

ninersdd

Sorry Sabres fans, but mine was when the Sharks took down the Sabres 5-0 in Buffalo. THAT was the first game with Joe Thornton and that night just seemed like magic

What are you're guyes most memorable regular season game?

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Sorry Sabres fans, but mine was when the Sharks took down the Sabres 5-0 in Buffalo. THAT was the first game with Joe Thornton and that night just seemed like magic

What are you're guyes most memorable regular season game?

I was at that game It was horrible for me

But my most memorable would be the 10-1 beat down of LA by the Sabres

saBS.png

I have a couple great ones.

1.March 22, 2006

Colorado @ Anaheim- The Avs scored 3 goals in, like, the first 5 minutes. Jiggy was pulled, enter Bryzgalov! After being down 4-1 in the second, the Ducks scored 3 goals( 2 by Neidermayer) to bring it to OT. In overtime, Johnny Hedstrom got a penalty shot. He went 5-hole and won the game. LINK

2.March 31st, 2006

Dallas @ Anaheim-Both teams scored twice in the first, and once in the second and third, to bring this game to the Shootout round. Coming into the game, Dallas was undeafeted in the SO. Jiggy stopped the two shots he faced. And the Ducks gave the Stars their first shhotout loss! LINK

3. December 18th, 2005

San Jose @ Anaheim- The Ducks scored, the Sharks scored, the Ducks scored, the Sharks scored, the Ducks scored, the Sharks scored, the Ducks scored, the Sharks scored, and the Ducks scored. ANA 5 SJ 4. Very crazy game! LINK

brettfavre.png

Posted this in a thread that got graveyarded

I haven't been to many, so I'll just say the most important one: I don't remember the exact date, but it was the 03-04 NHL season, Toronto was in Buffalo that night. It was 5-2 for Buffalo heading into the 3rd period. The Leafs tied the game with like 30 seconds left. Mogilny assisted on the tying goal and got his 1000th point in the process. So the game went to overtime; Buffalo got a powerplay on a terrible hooking call to Mogilny. Trevor Kidd made probably the best save I've ever seen live durig that powerplay: he dove across the net and caught it with his glove. I think it was Briere who shot it, not sure though. Mogilny jumped out of the box and had a 2 on 1 with Kaberle, Kaberle went in front of the net and tipped Almo's shot past Biron. Best game I've ever been to. Also on the way out of our seats, some guys got into a fight outside the women's bathroom, but that's another story. :wink2:

I think it was December 22 of this season. The Hawks led 2-0 but gave up two goals in the last 38 seconds to Detroit. In overtime, the Wings scored with less than a second left to win.

I wanted to vomit after the game. I've never felt as ill leaving a game.

Hmm, could be Brett Hull's first NHL hat trick--vs the Canucks.

The Flames first game in Calgary.

The game Doug Risebrough cut up an Oiler jersey in the penalty box with his skate.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

The first game back on the ice for the Thrashers after the Snyder accident.

Amazing hwo the atmosphere in the building was electric. Absolitely inspired, willed-to-win hockey that night.

Glad I was there.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

March 04. The Blue Jackets and the Colorado Avalanche. Even though the jackets were well out of playoff contention the building was still packed. The blue jackets went down 2-0 early but managed to climb back into it and tied it 2-2. Colorado scored two quick goals but the blue jackets came back again on a goal by rick nash and then with like 2:00 minutes left Manny Malhotra scored on a two on one. In the overtime Joe Sakic got on what is the biggest breakaway in a game I've ever seen. It was like a penalty shot, there was noone within twenty feet of him. Marc Denis stopped Sakic's shot, he didn't try a move. The jackets then get on a power play and Rick Nash assists Spacek who blasts one from the point and the jackets beat colorado 5-4. Great game for me because I had seen colorado win in columbus 7-2, 6-1, 4-0 before that game.

PvO6ZWJ.png

A game two seasons (three years) back. Colorado was in town and raced out to a 3-0 lead. The Lightning slowly start coming back and when the Swiss Miss allowed the softest goal I have ever seen as the game-winner, the place was absolutly crazy. This was one of the pivotal stepping stone games that greatly helped the maturation of the team, and what they would do the next season.

One that comes to mind is when the Dallas Stars made their first trip to St. Paul to play the Wild after leaving town about 8 years earlier as the North Stars. Dallas had won the cup two seasons before and were still a top team. The expansion Wild had a team of rookies and journeymen.

Somehow, some way, the Wild not only beat the Stars, but in a 6-0 thrashing!

That excercized a few demons that night.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Mine goes all the way back to the 1995 season. Habs @ Whalers...both teams were in a flat out brawl for a possible playoff spot (the Habs were struggling while the Whale were showing some signs of life after 2+ seasons of more-awful-than-usual play)...

Anyways, the game was back and forth all night long...finally, the Habs managed to take a 1 goal lead midway through the 3rd.

Then, very late in the period, Geoff Sanderson was digging the puck out of the corner and managed to get it in front. The puck arrived in front of Roy at the same time as Steve Rice's skate did..it nicked off of Rice's skate and skittered past Roy. Game tied.

Meanwhile, the Habs bench and coach Jacques Demers went NUTS, claiming that Rice kicked it in...obviously, it went upstairs for review. After about 5 minutes, the ref signals goal and the Civic Center ERUPTED.

So, after that controversy, we were headed for OT....in OT, someone managed to swing the puck out to a wide open Darren Turcotte, who was camped out in the slot. Turcotte ripped a shot that got past Roy's glove hand and into the back of the net.

It was the loudest I ever heard the Civic Center get for a game....

Also, that game sent the Habs on an extended losing streak, costing Demers his job a little over a week later and ensuring that the Habs would miss the playoffs for the first time since the 1969-70 season. As for the Whalers? They faded late and finished well behind the Rangers for the 8 seed, but they did manage to finish ahead of the team that caused many Whalers fans much heartache in the playoffs, the Habs...kind of a nice little payback for Claude :censored: Lemieux and Russ :censored: Courtnall...

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

Archived