SF @ OAK-Battle by the Bay???

LAA @ LAD-Battle of L.A.

Some Thoughts?

saBS.png

Florida-Tampa Bay: Battle of Florida

Minnesota-Milwaukee: Old School Midwest Mashup

Seattle-San Diego: The I-5 Series *Both cities are on I-5*

Arizona-Atlanta: The Unlucky Series

Colorado-Toronto - The teams with no rivals series.

Nor is it playing on basic cable... <_<

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

The Subway Series always generates a lot of excitement here in NY because it reminds people of the days of the Dodgers and Giants playing for the NL pennant. The Mets are doing great now, but the Yankees have owned the Mets for the last decade, including the 2000 WS.

Also, I feel that interleague play should have started 100 years ago and it should be year round like all other sports. great action and matchups happen when leagues or conferences square off against each other

Cubs/White Sox, D-Rays/Marlins, Astros/Rangers, Cards/Royals and Nats/Jays are all cool too.

BTW, in an urelated matter, since i've been in Puerto Rico for a while and did'nt get to see Yankees/Sox Round 1, I say this to all of Boston:

If u think that EVEN without my boy, Hideki Matsui and Gary Sheffield that the Sox are gonna overtake the Yankees this year, you Bostonians need another BEEHAAARRR!

arodsig.jpg THE TOUGHEST S.O.B. IN THE CCSLC!

Satan Lives! The Devil On Earth Breathes! -Jim Ross about Vince McMahon, WM 22

"THAT WAS THE WORD OF YANKEEMAN"

sterling.jpggodzilla.jpg

26 World Championships and still going strong. Get used to it Red Sox Nation!

"Yankees win! Theeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Yankees win!" -John Sterling after every Yankee win

To Be The Yankees, You Gotta Whoooooooooo!!! beat the Yankees!!!

Game of the night so far has been Mets-Yankees. Jermi Gonzalez against future HOF Randy Johnson. Johnson hits before Mets get first at bat Yankees lead 4-0 after top of first but. Randy Johnson is not the Big Unit of old and allows a 3-run HR to Carlos Beltran before recording an out. Yankees continue to hammer Gonzalez scoring in the 3rd to make it 5-3 Mets continue to hit Johnson who is not throwing so hard and looking winded as Xavier Nady ties it with a homer. Gonzalez faces one batter n 4th allows a double to Jeter who scores on a hit by Kelly Stinennt. Mets would tie it in the bottom of the 5th inning as the Yankees Kaz Matsui got a hit off Johnson who allowed 6 Earned Run in 5 innings.

The Bullpens took over as Aaron Heilman retired all 9 batters and Scott Proctor and Kyle Farnsworth each threw harder then the Unit. Still 6-6 in the 9th when the closers came in Wagner sturck out the side but Rivera gave up a double to LoDuca and a long single to Wright as the Mets won 7-6.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I had to watch the Met-Yankee game through MLB.tv. It was the raw feed of the mets telecast which meant it had no graphics. You just saw what was in the main monitor in the truck. The Mets color anaylist for the game (I don't know who it was, it wasn't Keith Hernandez though) had to be the worst ever. He just stated the obvious (even more than what McCarver usually does on FOX) and offerd no insite into the game. The only time you got good analysis was when Tom Seaver came into the both for an inning.

Other than that the it was a good game. I would have liked a different result though. Randy Johnson is clearly done. I thought back in 2004 the Yankees should have tried harder to get him during the season because he was having a great season. But come the offseason I thought it was a mistake to get him because he was 41 and you just didn't know what you were going to get the next year. He pitched alright last year but this year has been bad.

Hopefully Posada will be okay as he had to leave the game. Pedro is pitching on Saturday and the Yankees have historically gotten to him. Mussina has been pitching great this year. Sunday night it is Small against Glavine and Glavine is near the point of Johnson to where he is almost done. Hopefully the Yankees can pull these next two out.

As for interleague play it needs to end. Personally the 2000 World Series ended the excitement interleague play brought. The Yankees and Mets finally played each other in a World Series. The interleague series now isn't anything special it's just like an early season Yankees-Red Sox series.

Interleague play was nice for a few years but they should go back. It would give more meaning to the playoffs as a League Championship would mean more than what a conference championship means in other sports. Right now the AL Championship means about as much as the AFC Championship in football. It would also give more excitement to the World Series as the 2 leagues wouldn't have faced each other except for the ASG.

Minnesota/Milwauke could also be the "I-94 series."

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Too bad the expos migrated, maybe if they were ever good then the rivalry would have been bigger. Who are the tigers rival? Do they have one? The jays should become their rivals, we need one.

The 2 can't be interleague rivals because first you have to be in different leagues. The Tigers and Blue Jays are both in the American League.

Too bad the expos migrated, maybe if they were ever good then the rivalry would have been bigger. Who are the tigers rival? Do they have one? The jays should become their rivals, we need one.

The 2 can't be interleague rivals because first you have to be in different leagues. The Tigers and Blue Jays are both in the American League.

He's obviously a big fan :P

Jays/Rockies: Battle of the First Clubs to Hit 4 Million in Attendence

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. Still, this being the righteously indignant CCSLC, this place will demand a 40-game suspension and castration for this EGREGIOUS offense.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Minnesota/Milwauke could also be the "I-94 series."

So could the Tigers and either Chicago team, hypothetically.

But even if we lose today, I love to see a good old brawl in Chicago. I want to know why every year since I can remember, the Cubs manage to outhit their opponents and leave everyone on base. Last I checked, the Cubbies had no runs on 6 hits, and the sox had 7 on 6 hits.

Oh wait, it's cause they're the Cubs.

Put Your Hands up For Detroit (our lovely city)

Archived