The NHL Off-season

Arbitration is here folks! And the one team that might be screwed over are the Sabres.

12 of their players are going in! That's insane! Only Drury, Hecht, Vanek, Numminen and newly signed (and very astute pickup) Spacek are under contract. Now this team may not be screwed this time around but if all these guys went into arbitration together they are on track to all becoming UFA's together. That's something I'd be dreading in Buffalo.

As for the Sens, they just resigned Razor Ray to a one year contract for $925,000. Pretty good signing I think. The price is right :)

Sens will end up having to trade Havlat (whose going to arbitration), and with Kelly, Schaefer, Kelly and Neil all going into arbitration as well coupled with the fact the Sens are at 36 million already, something's gotta give and that something is Havlat.

Hopefully the Sens can get a decent forward or defenseman in return.

Well thats my longwinded post for the day...lol I love offseason hockey almost as much as I love the actual season :P

Rob Ray?

Where did you hear that?

He's done with hockey.

He was the Buffalo TV analyst kast season.

People, please provide links to news info !!

You need a source.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Apparently the signing of Pavol Demitra has already paid benefits for the Wild, as Marian Gaborik has now passed on arbitration and free-agency the following off-season by signing for three years and $19,000,000.

That's a lot of zeros!

The Wild have also been given a grade of "A" for their offseason moves by cbs.sportsline.com

Off season grades

Well, I absolutly give them an A. I couldn't have been more disapointed with last off-season, as the shut-down ended, and the Wild, with one of the smallest pay-rolls, and one of the best fan support situations in the league, did absolutly squat. I paid little attention to the Wild last season, because I thought they were just being greedy. They old, "hey, we sold out every game, why spend money, when we don't have to," philosophy. This recent development of going out and pushing the salary cap, and getting some proven scorers, plus committing to Gabby, restores some faith in the franchise. I'm definatly looking foreward to October!

Moose

Arbitration is here folks!  And the one team that might be screwed over are the Sabres.

12 of their players are going in!  That's insane!  Only Drury, Hecht, Vanek, Numminen and newly signed (and very astute pickup) Spacek are under contract.  Now this team may not be screwed this time around but if all these guys went into arbitration together they are on track to all becoming UFA's together.  That's something I'd be dreading in Buffalo. 

As for the Sens, they just resigned Razor Ray to a one year contract for $925,000.  Pretty good signing I think.  The price is right :) 

Sens will end up having to trade Havlat (whose going to arbitration), and with Kelly, Schaefer, Kelly and Neil all going into arbitration as well coupled with the fact the Sens are at 36 million already, something's gotta give and that something is Havlat. 

Well thats my longwinded post for the day...lol I love offseason hockey almost as much as I love the actual season :P

Rob Ray?

Where did you hear that?

He's done with hockey.

You need a source.

no he means Ray Emery, ROC. also Columbus signs former Oilers goalie Ty Conklin and d-man Tomas Kloucek, who played with the Chicago Wolves last season to 2-way contracts and Glen Wesley signed a 1 year deal with Carolina.

GCEeffm.png

Arbitration is here folks!  And the one team that might be screwed over are the Sabres.

12 of their players are going in!  That's insane!  Only Drury, Hecht, Vanek, Numminen and newly signed (and very astute pickup) Spacek are under contract.  Now this team may not be screwed this time around but if all these guys went into arbitration together they are on track to all becoming UFA's together.  That's something I'd be dreading in Buffalo. 

As for the Sens, they just resigned Razor Ray to a one year contract for $925,000.  Pretty good signing I think.  The price is right :) 

Rob Ray?

Where did you hear that?

He's done with hockey.

You need a source.

no he means Ray Emery, ROC. also Columbus signs former Oilers goalie Ty Conklin and d-man Tomas Kloucek, who played with the Chicago Wolves last season to 2-way contracts and Glen Wesley signed a 1 year deal with Carolina.

:D

Doesn't he know there's only one Razor?

Since when has Emery been called Razor Ray?

Thanks for clearing that up Rrandy.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

:D

Ray is a noted pugilist (as a hobby!), and has two African-Canadian (I would say African Americans, but they're from Canada!) champion boxers on his mask.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Now Peca wants to come to the Leafs. JFJ is really intresting in getting him now, so who knows, Peca could go to the Leafs....

I also heard a rumor that he might be interested in coming back to Buffalo. I am suprised he is somewhat interested after the contract dispute he had with the Sabres.

saBS.png

The Devils signed Jordan Parise.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=170648&hubname=

Apparently Lamoriello is not going to the Neidermayer thing happen again. In the last few months he's signed Jay Pandolfo's brother, Brian Gionta's brother, and now Zach Parise's older brother. It also looks like the strategy has already worked as Gionta decided to pass up on arbitration.

Your probably joking about gionta and pandolfo's brothers but if you weren't, Are Gionta and PAndolfo's brother in the minors?

I know last year the Devils gave Gionta's and Pandolfo's brothers a minor league tryout for the last few games of the AHL season. They ended up signing Stephen Gionta to a 2-year deal I believe Mike Pandolfo was not given a contract though.

But no I wasn't joking.

Now Peca wants to come to the Leafs. JFJ is really intresting in getting him now, so who knows, Peca could go to the Leafs....

I also heard a rumor that he might be interested in coming back to Buffalo. I am suprised he is somewhat interested after the contract dispute he had with the Sabres.

Peca...Carter...Lindros...I'd take em all ('specially Big E) if they can all clock in for under $3-4 mill combined. Stupid Antropov had to suck up 1 million more of their ever depleating cap space... <_<

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

QUOTE (ROCHitman @ Thursday, July 6th, 2006 - 21:07:38)

biggrin.gif

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

lmao. Yeah I meant Ray Emery. Ever since he got into a bunch of fights down in the AHL, coupled with his boxing affection I've heard him be called "Razor"

Sorry for the mix up :)

And FYI, all the info I got was from tsn.ca.

SignatureNHL.png

"Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution"

The Wild have added yet another player, right winger Branko Radivojevic from the Flyers has signed a two year deal. This almost seems like another "friend of Marian" signing.

Can any Flyer or Coyote fans shed some light on this player? He seems to bring little offense and not a lot of penalty minutes. Seems destined for a checking line...

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Shanahan ended negotiations with Boston so that means there is still hope for the Leafs to get him. Also JFJ is really and i mean really tring to get peca, meaning that he could be in blue and white by the end of today for all i no .

4kv29i.jpg

Looks like the Blues' first overall pick is going to college instead of the NHL...smart or stupid?

TSN

Probably a smart move, although he, more than any other pick, was ready to make the jump immediately. I figured McKee was signed to mentor Johnson, but that won't happen until the 2007-08 season at the earliest.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Commissioner of

Looks like the Blues' first overall pick is going to college instead of the NHL...smart or stupid?

TSN

Smart move. He's probably the most ready for the NHL from the '06 Draft, but he's still not 100% ready. He could use just a little work.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

TSN

Um, no shock there. He's been planning that for a while now. The Hockey News Draft Preview said he's gonna play for the Gophers next year...

As for the college game, and if it will prepare players for the NHL, it seemed to work for Martin St. Louis, or Fernando Pisani, didn't it? Or, consider that of the Hurricanes Stanley Cup winning roster, I count 12 of the 25 with some sort of college experience... I'd say Erik will be fine going to Minnesota to prepare for the NHL.

Moose

TSN

Um, no shock there. He's been planning that for a while now. The Hockey News Draft Preview said he's gonna play for the Gophers next year...

As for the college game, and if it will prepare players for the NHL, it seemed to work for Martin St. Louis, or Fernando Pisani, didn't it? Or, consider that of the Hurricanes Stanley Cup winning roster, I count 12 of the 25 with some sort of college experience... I'd say Erik will be fine going to Minnesota to prepare for the NHL.

Moose

I agree, good choice for the kid. I like that he isnt rushing in to the nhl, not like other rookies...

Also going back to college should give him more time and more experience. That way when he does go into the NHL. He will be more better that everyone thought he was.

4kv29i.jpg

Archived