The NHL Off-season

Personally, I think he should have went pro. Only once in a lifetime do you get drafted 1st overall. And very, very few people can say they have. He could always go back to school if he really wants to. I say cash in now while he can, or he could regret it. Who knows, he could get injured or something and there goes everything.

Yes, he can always go back to school later, but, as I can personally attest to, you can only go as an 18-21 year old once... Also, once he signs a pro contract, his NCAA elgibility is gone, and there's no chance he could go back to play for the Gophers. Also, remember that The Hockey News Draft Preview says playing for the Gophs was a "lifelong ambition." Not to mention that I've read that elsewhere as well. It's hard to pass up your dream...

Moose

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ESPN reporting that the Stars have signed Eric Lindros to a one year deal

wasted money IMO

and a wasted roster spot.

If you followed him AT ALL last season, you will know he played very well before he got the injury. You will be happy to have someone with that kind of skill and energy. Just don't shoot from the lip unless you have any idea about what you're talking about. He will bring some much needed leadership to a team that has lacked it since Nieuwendyk left.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

wasted money IMO

and a wasted roster spot.

If you followed him AT ALL last season, you will know he played very well before he got the injury. You will be happy to have someone with that kind of skill and energy. Just don't shoot from the lip unless you have any idea about what you're talking about. He will bring some much needed leadership to a team that has lacked it since Nieuwendyk left.

I think thats basically the point, hes very injury prone so he will probably not last the entire season. Theres no doubt he has the talent, its just will he be able to survive the 82 games. Also when your signing a player that has had 8 recorded concussions over his career, thats a bit of a risk.

th_island1-med.gifStanley Cups 1980,1981,1982,1983

th_dodgers1-med.gifWorld Series Titles 1955,1959,1963,1965,1981,1988

th_boys1-med.gifSuper Bowl Titles VI,XII,XXVII,XXVIII,XXXth_jet2-med.gifSuper Bowl Title III

th_ny1-med.gifth_norangers-med.gif

newyorkislanders.gif

Garunteed they miss the playoffs Lindros is horrible and makes the teams he plays on stink.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Garunteed they miss the playoffs Lindros is horrible and makes the teams he plays on stink.

you're willing to guarantee that lindros turns a team that had 112 points last season, into a team that will miss the playoffs?

pardon me for laughing.

and worst case scenario, lindros misses most of the season... guess what. that doesn't count against the cap, so we'd be able to trade some of our goaltending/defensive depth for an extra forward to replace him.

i see this as a low-risk high-reward move. IR players don't count against the cap.

I'd be more worried about Turco's choking than Lindros's concussion problems. :P

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Maple Leafs sign Michael Peca.

Finally took them forever lol. Anywaze good deal for the Leafs, mabye tucker and peca together would be sweet. (and yes they have gotten over what happend between them)

4kv29i.jpg

Maple Leafs sign Michael Peca.

Finally took them forever lol. Anywaze good deal for the Leafs, mabye tucker and peca together would be sweet. (and yes they have gotten over what happend between them)

Good signing for the Leafs in Peca. He really seems like their kind of player.

Now Lindros to Dallas? Phew. That one stinks. He likely won't make 35 games all year. I can't help but think their money would have been better spent elsewhere.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Archived