The NHL Off-season

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ed Belfour officially signs with Florida.

LINK

WONT HE RETIRE ALREADY?!?!?! Why do all the old people always migrate to Florida?? I wish Belfour retired with his dignity intact as a Leaf...now my respect for him has faltered a bit...imagine him being a goaltending coach to Pogge...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I personly hope he dosen't return.  Last he only scored 30 goals because of the Sedins.  He never scored a higlight reel goal and missed a lot of scoring oppurtunity.  All his goals were tip ins.  Jesse Shultz is faster and more talented he also a young player and you need to have a few young players on your team in the new NHL.  Carter has also screwed him slef the longer he waits the smaller his salary willl get.  Let him walk hes not worth it.

Agreed, he's not worth 3 million, but you can't deny that he helped the Sedins immensly by adding the finishing touch. The Sedins needed someone on the wing to finish, and he was the man, Jesse Shultz will have to fill a huge position thatCarter left. The Sedins weren't this productive with Trent Klatt or Jason King. Anson Carter was perfect for them, to bad he wants too much.

and the newest news...

Canucks sign Yannick Trembley

LINK

WONT HE RETIRE ALREADY?!?!?! Why do all the old people always migrate to Florida?? I wish Belfour retired with his dignity intact as a Leaf...now my respect for him has faltered a bit...imagine him being a goaltending coach to Pogge...

Well goaltenders do get better with age.

But this is ridicolous!

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

LINK

But this is ridicolous!

...speaking of goaltenders and old age the Red Wings signed Dominik Hasek to a 1 year deal.

8prlQWA.png

LINK

But this is ridicolous!

...speaking of goaltenders and old age the Red Wings signed Dominik Hasek to a 1 year deal.

Well, when Hasek gets injured in his 3rd game, I'm sure Legace will be brought back into the fold...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

LINK

But this is ridicolous!

uggggghhhhhh

That's all that comes to mind. Manny Legace is a top-notch tender in the NHL, but they drop him after one poor playoff run. Not to mention, I can't stand Hasek, even though he did win a cup for the Wings(not that the 2002 team couldn't have done it with like Darcy Wakaluk in net...10 points to me for using that name :P )

LINK

But this is ridicolous!

uggggghhhhhh

That's all that comes to mind. Manny Legace is a top-notch tender in the NHL, but they drop him after one poor playoff run. Not to mention, I can't stand Hasek, even though he did win a cup for the Wings(not that the 2002 team couldn't have done it with like Darcy Wakaluk in net...10 points to me for using that name :P )

Its hard to believe that Legace finished 5th in Vezina voting and can find a job. Its even harder to believe that the Red Wings and Panther would rather have guys in there 40's and who are injury prone.

Well, Legace, like Carter is probably asking for way more than GMs are willing to pay.

Result: The longer they wait it out the lower they'll end up signing for since teams are filling their teams and especially with how arbitration is shelling out money to players, the CAP room for most teams is getting pretty low.

I'd like to hear what some educated Flyers fans think of this trade, it looks like a good deal for them, getting a younger skater, with more potential, but they're taking on a larger contract (Handzus was 2.18 million, Calder 2.95 million) and they're already over/or close to the cap. Is this a sign that Simon Gagne is leaving???

Handzus isn't that fast a skater, but he's big, and playing with Havlat and Ruutu, that line has some potential be good. (But for the first line?!?!)

Canucks G Mika Noronen signs a 1-yr deal with Russian Super League team AK Bars Kazan.

Kind of sucks

for fans of the Canucks.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=173674&hubname=

Report: Bruins' Sinden set to retire

TSN.ca Staff

8/8/2006 10:00:13 PM

It appears the Boston Bruins will enter a new era on Wednesday.

According TSN's sister station RDS, longtime Bruins president Harry Sinden will announce his retirement. The Bruins have called an 11am et/8am pt conference call with owner Jeremy Jacobs, Sinden and executive vice president Charlie Jacobs.

Sinden has been an integral part of the Bruins for over 40 years, starting in the organization in the early 1960s as a player-coach at the minor league level. He progressed to head coach in Boston, then became the team's general manager for 28 seasons before taking on his current position as president.

During a four-year stint behind the Boston bench, Sinden coached Bobby Orr, Phil Esposito and the rest of the Bruins to a Stanley Cup victory in 1969-70, their first title in over 30 years.

In 1972, he was behind the bench as Team Canada's head coach in the Summit Series against the Soviet Union.

In 1999, Sinden made history by becoming the first general manager to walk away from a salary arbitration award, letting Dmitri Khristich, a 29-goal scorer, become a free agent with no compensation.

Sinden was inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame in Toronto in 1983.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Archived