The NHL Off-season

Matthew Barnaby signs with Dallas

Ugh. Is that clown still in the league? He's getting to that "new team every year" level, so perhaps he will be gone soon.

At least Jerk-o Ruuttu signed with Pittsburgh so I don't have to worry about having him on the Wild.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Buffalo inks UFA Spacek

Regeir makes a move, finally!

3 year deal, no terms disclosed yet.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

Buffalo inks UFA Spacek

Regeir makes a move, finally!

3 year deal, no terms disclosed yet.

Finally, I know we did great last year singing only two FA's(Numminen & Lydman) but we need at least one defensemen with losing McKee. Now we have an ok Defense with Spacek, Numminen, Lydman, Tallinder, Kalinin, and Campbell.

saBS.png

Dan Cloutier traded to LA, according to TSN.ca. no word yet on who's coming to Vancouver.

Probably Garon or Labarbera. Vancouver needs a back up goalie now.

EDIT: Just saw the post above mine. But who'll back up Luongo now? Schnieder?

Dan Cloutier traded to LA, according to TSN.ca. no word yet on who's coming to Vancouver.

Probably Garon or Labarbera. Vancouver needs a back up goalie now.

EDIT: Just saw the post above mine. But who'll back up Luongo now? Schnieder?

it'll be either Mika Noronen or Wade Flaherty. Cory Schneider still has a year or two, maybe 3 until the NHL will call.

8prlQWA.png

They traded for Noronen.

Can't see any reason why they don't stick him in teh backup role.

Keep Flaherty in the A.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

Right! Forgot about Noronen.

I think Flaherty might be to old to play in the NHL again.

yeah, Flaherty is 38 i think but he's been solid in the A, but i'd still rather have Noronen has a backup to Roberto.

8prlQWA.png

Now there are Leafs rumors that they are intrested in Gomez. Mabye work a deal with Tucker in the deal.

They need to do something, because the fowards are signing with teams and we need someone soon.

The Toronto media is messed up. They sure have been striking out with all these supposed Leaf-frontrunners......

I didn't see that Tanguay has signed for 3 years with the Flames--avoiding arbitration.

Friesen?

I'd like to have seen him in a Flames jersey last season.

He had a decent playoff as well.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

The Coyotes sign George Laraque to a 2 year, $2.4 million contract w/ a no-trade clause.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Arbitration is here folks! And the one team that might be screwed over are the Sabres.

12 of their players are going in! That's insane! Only Drury, Hecht, Vanek, Numminen and newly signed (and very astute pickup) Spacek are under contract. Now this team may not be screwed this time around but if all these guys went into arbitration together they are on track to all becoming UFA's together. That's something I'd be dreading in Buffalo.

As for the Sens, they just resigned Razor Ray to a one year contract for $925,000. Pretty good signing I think. The price is right :)

Sens will end up having to trade Havlat (whose going to arbitration), and with Kelly, Schaefer, Kelly and Neil all going into arbitration as well coupled with the fact the Sens are at 36 million already, something's gotta give and that something is Havlat.

Hopefully the Sens can get a decent forward or defenseman in return.

Well thats my longwinded post for the day...lol I love offseason hockey almost as much as I love the actual season :P

SignatureNHL.png

"Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution"

The Devils signed Jordan Parise.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=170648&hubname=

Apparently Lamoriello is not going to the Neidermayer thing happen again. In the last few months he's signed Jay Pandolfo's brother, Brian Gionta's brother, and now Zach Parise's older brother. It also looks like the strategy has already worked as Gionta decided to pass up on arbitration.

Apparently the signing of Pavol Demitra has already paid benefits for the Wild, as Marian Gaborik has now passed on arbitration and free-agency the following off-season by signing for three years and $19,000,000.

That's a lot of zeros!

The Wild have also been given a grade of "A" for their offseason moves by cbs.sportsline.com

Off season grades

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

The Devils signed Jordan Parise.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=170648&hubname=

Apparently Lamoriello is not going to the Neidermayer thing happen again. In the last few months he's signed Jay Pandolfo's brother, Brian Gionta's brother, and now Zach Parise's older brother. It also looks like the strategy has already worked as Gionta decided to pass up on arbitration.

Your probably joking about gionta and pandolfo's brothers but if you weren't, Are Gionta and PAndolfo's brother in the minors?

Archived