LA Kings concept

SiddFinch

Hello, so here's the first concept I've completed. I found this forum when searching for the Kings logo. I've been mostly lurking here, and I've learned alot in the process.

I got this idea when looking at My old Kings jersey and my NO Saints jersey hanging next to each other. I have an idea for an alt, but it hasn't come to fruition yet.

All comments welcome!

LAK_DK.gif

LAK_WH.gif

I like it. Kinda different, but I think it might work. Would like to see purple though instead of the yellow. Great effort though!

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Nice work. I think that if you put purple where the white is, between the black and gold, maybe it would look better imo. But it's really good as it is.

Maybe you could try a deeper purple instead of the black as a nod to the original colours of the team.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

I agree, I like where you're headed but I think there just needs to be a little change with the colors. Right now I think it looks too Penguin-ish. Maybe purple instead of the black or a more golden yellow instead of the more tan one that you used.

teamsnew2.png

I agree on the darker purple bit.

I'm also not a fan of the "Chevrolet" logo--but you didn't design it--so no criticism of your work there.

Over all I like it--I've never been a big fan of any of their designs, and this tops them all.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I agree, I like where you're headed but I think there just needs to be a little change with the colors. Right now I think it looks too Penguin-ish. Maybe purple instead of the black or a more golden yellow instead of the more tan one that you used.

First, thanks to everyone for the constructive feedback. I didn't consder that this is the exact Penguins colors. I did intend it to be Gold, so I'll try to adjust that so it looks less like Tan. I'll have to try a dark purple in place of black, too. Thanks, again!

Add some purple in and i'tll look great.

However, it would be exactly what the pens did. Bring back an old logo with a different shade of gold. Thats why, even the way it is, it could never work in reality. Too similar to a current team.

Nice concept anyways. WAY better than my first.

oBIgzrL.png

A for execution, but it's not an improvement to what they already have. The chevrolet logo is too dated, and the colors don't scream "Kings" to me.

VmWIn6B.png

OK, here it is with the Gold adjusted.

LAK_DK_v2.gif

LAK_WH_v2.gif

I don' think it was tweaked enough. I think to eliminate the possibility of these looking like Pittsburgh the gold would have to be changed to actual yellow.

But then it might look like Boston...so you'd better try some purple in there.

While, my idea was to do it in the New Orleans Saints colors, so I redid v2 again so the gold is true Saints gold. I know these colors won't work for everybody since historically the Kings have not used them, but that was my idea, to use the chevron logo I like with Saints colors. I will recolor this template in original Kings purple and yellow too. I do appreciate everyone's feedback, so keep it coming!

Here's a recolored pair. I flipped the light/dark trim on the white jersey.

LAK_DK_v3.gif

LAK_WH_v3.gif

That's excellent. Way better than what they have now. I don't care for the jerseys with the city name along the bottom hem.

/He says as he looks in his closet for his Portland Pirates jersey which has "PORTLAND" across the bottom. :)

mainescarf.png

Good exicution so far. But I would lke to see a much darker purple, like one of these.

darkpurple.jpg

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

Archived