Dallas Stars logo

rcb05

It's great for a wordmark, but seems to have too many elements for a good crest logo. Personally I've always thought that they should get rid of the words and just have the star, maybe even angle the star slightly upward. Thoughts?

DallasStarsLogo.gif

I like the script in the logo. It works out with the a going into the star ( if you know what i mean). Its not rong to have script on your main logo, and still use them on front of their jerseys such as the maple leafs, and the new uniforms on the ducks. I think the blue jackets do it as well.

4kv29i.jpg

as a logo, it's lacking.

however, on the front of the jerseys, it couldn't be better.

the stars have complex uniforms. a simple logo like that looks perfect, imo.

I like it. They kept the proportions of the North Stars' star perfectly, but it could do without the DALLAS wordmark above the name on the jerseys. The logo was in use briefly before they left Minnesota, and it's pretty amazing that it survived the move. Most recently relocated teams try their hardest to distance themsleves from their prior location(exceptions: The Hornets and the Titans-albeit just colors for Tennessee)

It appears somewhat plain compared to their AHL affiliate Iowa, which is a nice updated look. Ignore the trails to the left, they've never been seen on anything Iowa Stars related since the initial logo unveiling. They were wisely chopped off.

IOW_2233.gif

Quite frankly, what other primary logo could a team called the Stars use? You gotta have a big star involved. The A as the peak is simple and effective.

Dallas' most recent third jersey(now officially retired) was a horrible monstrosity and no hockey team should ever have a semblance of the birth canal on their chests. The secondary logo would make a great third jersey, or perhaps even a Rangers/Penguins-esque downward angling Word only third jersey would be appropriate. maybe with the A in the center as a smaller version of their current star or even just the open-bottomed peak letter.

I still think they should have named the team the Dallas Lone Stars which would have been the natural transition from Minnesota North Stars.

Did I imagine it or did they actually talk about naming the team that as they were transitioning? I want to say theyd did, but I can't specifically remember.

fade.gif

I still think they should have named the team the Dallas Lone Stars which would have been the natural transition from Minnesota North Stars.

Did I imagine it or did they actually talk about naming the team that as they were transitioning? I want to say theyd did, but I can't specifically remember.

They did, but Lone Star Beer wanted something along the lines of exclusive concession rights for the team or something.

Did I imagine it or did they actually talk about naming the team that as they were transitioning?  I want to say theyd did, but I can't specifically remember.

They did, but Lone Star Beer wanted something along the lines of exclusive concession rights for the team or something.

i've never heard anyone say that before... ever...

bob gainey came out and said that he didn't want the team to be a singular plural. they can't be starS if they're LONE.

Did I imagine it or did they actually talk about naming the team that as they were transitioning?  I want to say theyd did, but I can't specifically remember.

bob gainey came out and said that he didn't want the team to be a singular plural. they can't be starS if they're LONE.

Exactly, it would contradict itself. Stars is a fine name. It represents the fact that the team plays in the Lone STAR state very well.

BTW, isn't Northstars a singular plural name too? There is only ONE NorthStar right?

I still loved the old Northstars logo much better than any incarnation.

technically, there is only one "north star", so i guess that would be correct...

but i don't have as much of a problem with it, because without knowing anything about astronomy, just the words north and star do not rule out the possibility of there being multiple north stars... unlike lone star.

just my opinion.

As illogical as it may sound, the DALLAS LONE STARS would have been much better than the generic-sounding Dallas Stars.

it would, and the 's refers to the team - not the original meaning of the name.

spuradd55td9.jpg

Well, the media did back in the day...and, it's been discussed here in the past as well.

...and maybe all of these answers were all contributing factors for not going with Lone Stars. I remember the Lone Star Beer thing pretty clearly. I had just moved to L.A. after living in Dalas and the Dallas area for 12 years, and was still following what was going on there.

BTW, isn't Northstars a singular plural name too? There is only ONE NorthStar right?

I still loved the old Northstars logo much better than any incarnation.

technically, there is only one "north star", so i guess that would be correct...

but i don't have as much of a problem with it, because without knowing anything about astronomy, just the words north and star do not rule out the possibility of there being multiple north stars... unlike lone star.

just my opinion.

POINT OF CLARIFICATION:

Earth wobbles on its axis as it spins on that axis. Imagine an imaginary line running from the South Pole through the planet and out the top of the North Pole and ascending to the heavens. That line traces a verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry slow circle against the night sky ("celestial sphere"). It's so slow that it takes 26,000 years for the wobble to form a complete circle.

That being the case, there are a few stars that lie along the route traced by the Earth's pole. We're just never going to see them in our lifetime. Polaris was named by Western astronomers for its present position. In fact, it's been the only pole star known during the existence of Western Civilization's scientific research. However, in thousands of years, it will probably revert to its Greek name, "Cynosura" ("Tail of the Dog") once it is no longer the pole star. Other stars along the circle include Thuban and Vega - which is far brighter than Polaris IIRC.

Incidentally, Polaris is becoming more and more accurate of a pole star than it was before. By 2100, Polaris's position relative to the planet's true north pole will approximate 0.5 degrees.

Thus... there are more than one "north stars"; it's just that only one can sit at or near the point above the Earth's North Pole at one time (and the one we've got now isn't truly quite there yet).

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Those who hate it, Boo to you.

Fine, as a stars fan, im a little bit biased.

However, it isnt my favourite logo but its a very good one.

Its:

- Simple

-Unique

-Instantly recognisable

-Looks great on the jerseys

Why mess with success???

Now if its Mootaurus your on about however...

Kev.

gostars7py.jpg

Archived