• Created
  • Last Reply
BuffaloLogo.jpg

my fave FARK entry.

There's your sabre.  :D

Needs some blood

And some script saying "Death to the Buffaslug" :D

It would be better if someone was pouring salt on the Buffaslug... ^_^

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

BuffaloLogo.jpg

my fave FARK entry.

There's your sabre.  :D

Needs some blood

Yeah, I was bored...

buffaslug.png

Implying that hopefully the Buffaslug's fate will be the same as the Fisherman's.

buffaslug.png

Yarrr, throw it back, matey, she's no good!

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

BuffaloLogo.jpg

my fave FARK entry.

There's your sabre.   :D

Needs some blood

Yeah, I was bored...

buffaslug.png

Implying that hopefully the Buffaslug's fate will be the same as the Fisherman's.

Thats GODLY! Oh my...Seamen and Buffalsug...together...let the innuendo begin (and I'm not talking about it being an Italian word for anal sex!!)

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Egad, ENOUGH with all the friggin' buffaloes. The team is called the SABRES. Why is it most Buffalo teams have to feature a buffalo in their logo? Am I the only one that finds this annoying?

The current red alt logo is great, it's too bad they'll be dumping that one. I also like the B-sword and S-Sword logos, either of which would make a fine primary. Maybe the "B" could be worn on the road and the "S" at home. Just a thought.

How about a logo with the crossed swords but adding an interlocking "S" in the center? I think that would look great, if done properly. A "B" would work too but an "S" would look better.

The Yankees uniform logo is an NY for New York, not the Yankees. The Green Bay Packers logo is a G, not a packer. The Cincinnati Reds logo is a C for Cincinnati, not something red. The Chicago Bears logo is a C for Chicago, not a bear.

Is it so bad that Buffalo teams often use a Buffalo in their mascot? All things considered, it kind of makes sense.

Well of course some clubs don't have their nickname represented in their logo. Did I say none do? I don't think so. I wasn't talking about the Yankees, or anyone else. And you mention mostly BASEBALL teams, who more often than not use letters for logos! If you really must talk about other non-relevant clubs, look at it this way...

Along with the Yankees, what if the NY Giants had a big NY for a primary? And the Islanders had an NY. And the Rangers. And the Knicks. The Mets do, so they don't count. :) But if all that was true you'd get damn sick of the NY. There's only so many variations of an "NY." Plus it ignores the team names.

Most of Cincinatti's teams do not use a C. Most of Chicago's teams don't use a C. The Blackhawks have a C-tomahawk alternate logo, true. Do the Bulls? Do the Wolves? Do the White Sox? Sheesh.

My point is about Buffalo. Every logo concept, every logo design seems to FOCUS on the buffalo rather than the team nickname, and that is stupid. Plus they are usually white buffalos, which are pretty rare!

When we hear of a team called the "Sabres," we don't think of Cleveland or New York or Los Angeles... we think of Buffalo. There might have been a minor league team at some point called the Sabres, but chances are you think "Buffalo." We don't need to be reminded that strongly that the team is in Buffalo.

Along with the Yankees, what if the NY Giants had a big NY for a primary?

Hmm.....what IF they did that? I wonder what that would look like?

Oh wait, they do:

166.gif

I get your point that Buffalo teams tend to be Buffalo-centric. But really. The name of the city is Buffalo. It just kind of lends itself to being the focal point. It's very natural. I guess it doesn't bother me.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

BuffaloLogo.jpg

my fave FARK entry.

There's your sabre. :D

LOL I love that, I love the others as well. There are other possibilities that I'm thinking of:

Sharks - Primary

Capitals - eagle logo

Canucks ?

Coyotes - have the coyote "cough" up the wig

Avs - the foot being about to step on the wig

Canes - put the wig at the eye of the hurricane

I saw, I came, I left.

you could also use the wild logo. The bear could eat the slug

You could also do something with the devils logos. THere are so many points that the buffaslug could get impaled on. :D

Crossed swords, as a logo, are kinda boring by themselves (especially the current alt, which looks more like a pair of scissors than swords). Plus, bison are cool-looking animals, so why not use them? The original logo had it right- buffalo on top, sabres (not cutlasses) on the bottom. Buffalo Sabres.

for anyone in buffalo, and interested ... I did an interview today with Scott Brown from WGRZ Channel 2 News, which will air tonight at 6pm. he said it'll also be available on the website after airing.

He's pretty supportive about the whole thing, and was mostly interested in my interactions with the Sabres Head Office. Him, as well as a few other media folks in Buffalo are being great about trying to help out with this whole thing, and make sure the Sabres aren't stuck with a :censored: logo.

God Bless You, js*.

I'm having a minor meltdown about the logo again today. I really am depressed by the slug. I know that makes me insane, but it's true. I take it entirely too seriously.

I am definitely going to be watching.

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

Archived