New Sabres Logo??

gbasalmon

</lurk>

not that it really matters, but i originally posted my "Barney Rubble's hair" pic on sabrefans.com (scroll down to see goatloard's post) the day the logo broke.

:peace:

<lurk>

What I find funny is that I'm the one who saw your Barney picture there and showed it to the people here, but I was VERY careful to give you credit for it. So... there shouldn't have been as much confusion.

Aaah, here, we go... it's the second to last post on page 7 of this very thread.

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Out of curiosity, does anybody know what designer is responsible for this atrocity?

the art direction and design was handled by Reebok.

OH GREAT!

Whats next? The Devil Rays getting identity redesign consulting from "British Knights?"

Some more stuff to add...

First, somebody over at the Sabres.com message boards (which really suck most of the time by the way), sombody emailed The Bulldog of WGR Sportsradio 55. He has seen the full uniform design, and this is an email that he sent back to sombody who asked him

socks, gloves, pants, home, away, THIRD. i saw it all. i know they have been working with reebok on the new form fitting style, but these were not. i have also seen pictures of sabres players wearing the new stuff and it is not form fitting. so maybe that's still a ways down the road.

in the end, i think people are going to like the new unis when they see the entire thing.

Additionally, there is this new website:

http://www.fixthelogo.com

It's essentially a glorified cover page for an Online Petition, but it looks pretty nice.

Some more stuff to add...

First, somebody over at the Sabres.com message boards (which really suck most of the time by the way), sombody emailed The Bulldog of WGR Sportsradio 55. He has seen the full uniform design, and this is an email that he sent back to sombody who asked him

socks, gloves, pants, home, away, THIRD. i saw it all. i know they have been working with reebok on the new form fitting style, but these were not. i have also seen pictures of sabres players wearing the new stuff and it is not form fitting. so maybe that's still a ways down the road.

in the end, i think people are going to like the new unis when they see the entire thing.

Additionally, there is this new website:

http://www.fixthelogo.com

It's essentially a glorified cover page for an Online Petition, but it looks pretty nice.

Only 96 signatures so far? Come on, guys... you can do better than that.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

NDSU secondary

Any enterprising photoshop experts want to take a stab at taking the new NDSU secondary (posted by Paynomind in the thread linked above) and making it into a new Sabres' logo (i.e., change green to blue, incorporate crossed sabres and the circle)?

Thanks!

A little rudimentary photoshop work, and voila...

sabresrecolor.jpg

Eh...

starpoint.pngclippers.pngbullsnew.gif

NDSU secondary

Any enterprising photoshop experts want to take a stab at taking the new NDSU secondary (posted by Paynomind in the thread linked above) and making it into a new Sabres' logo (i.e., change green to blue, incorporate crossed sabres and the circle)?

Thanks!

sabresrecolor.jpg

Eh...

That looks like a dude I went to college with. :P

NDSU secondary

Thanks!

sabresrecolor.jpg

Eh...

drunk or sober?

I saw, I came, I left.

NDSU secondary

Thanks!

sabresrecolor.jpg

Eh...

Thanks! Hmmm... it makes me feel funny in the tummy. Nothing against your work, but I might actually like the slugalo better...

NDSU secondary

Thanks!

sabresrecolor.jpg

Eh...

drunk or sober?

You know, I don't believe he ever was sober. He skipped orientation and spent two days at a bar. It was all downhill from there.

Archived