New Sabres Logo??

gbasalmon

I just threw up a couple new uniform designs, and will be throwing up a couple more soon ... would love to know what you all think.

Both of the main sets are awesome, but I have to say I favor the traditional set over the modern look. It looks like what a more logical progression in updates would have given the team.

As far as the 3rds, none of them really stand out as screaming "Sabres" to me. I like the script & sword combo on the last one, but the striping feels like it should belong to St. Louis.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JS.. excellent work. My favourites are:

logo_10.jpg

and

logo_b_1.jpg

Despite what others have said, I think above secondary logo awesome. It just reaks of cool.

Also, I threw together a new Jets-themed death to Buffaslug sig, for those who want to use it:

death.jpg

JS.. excellent work. My favourites are:

logo_10.jpg

and

logo_b_1.jpg

Despite what others have said, I think above secondary logo awesome. It just reaks of cool.

Also, I threw together a new Jets-themed death to Buffaslug sig, for those who want to use it:

death.jpg

That secondary "B" logo is amazing! Love it.

email that :censored:e to Sabres HQ now and get this whole thing over with!

I don't think this has anything to do with anything, but dosen;t the top of the Buffaslug could be superimposed over the top of the goathead?

Kinda like a conncetion to the old charging buffalo, as well as a connection to the Black and Red era?

Or I could just be talking out my ass....

BUF_28.gif

BUF_zl8677to17mrhlh54i0d.gif

Just slide the buffaslug up, and it seems to fit and be the same shape.....

Thoughts?

TSN's Jay Onrait is jumping on the "Death to the Buffaslug" bandwagon:

http://www.tsn.ca/columnists/jay_onrait.asp

Maybe this whole "death to the Buffaslug" will finally go somewhere now that it's getting some exposure in the hockey hotbed of Canada.

For crying out out Buffalo Sabres higher-ups - give the fans of not only the Buffalo Sabres but of hockey itself what we want: the old blue and gold French Connection/Pat LaFontaine uniforms. The classic uniform. The uniform that made the Buffalo Sabres special and not just "some other hockey team".

stoneraizersig.jpg

js, excellent work, man. It's classy, modern, and eye-catching. I can tell you put a lot of thought and effort into it, thinking about what the fans want both logo-wise and color-wise. If that design was ever chosen by the Sabres, I would buy a jersey in a heartbeat.

Mr. Onrait's new colum (8/20) -

http://www.tsn.ca/columnists/jay_onrait.asp

He actually mentions js by name.

Someone should direct him to CCSLC.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

Yes!

The Sabres logo talk resumes - - -

It seems like so long ago that the Buffaslug / Slugalo was leaked, and thre is only a little over a month until we find out what this whole package is going to look like.

Im so excited, i think im going to the first and only home preseason game, and I can't wait to see the team in blue and gold, as well as see what they've done to the arena to match the new colors.

I wonder if we'll have a smoking slug at the top of the the jumbotron...

I wonder if we'll have a smoking slug at the top of the the jumbotron...

Like this guy?

fat_cigar.jpg

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

I was just listing to the Team 1040 out of Vancouver and Blake Price (filling in for Ric Ball) He made a quick comment about the outrage over the 'buffaslug' and mentioned the Blue and Gold project and how the new design doesn't show respect to their history

JS, I remember seeing your Sabres concepts a few years ago and I love 'em. You took a no-brainer of an idea and aced it.

Maybe the Sabres didn't do something similar because their people saw your designs on the Internet too and their lawyers warned them that you could sue them if they unveiled a modernized version of their old image.

Then, since they already planned on going back to blue and gold, and didn't want to use exact throwbacks (since they are a bit dated and they already sell plenty of them, so they'd miss out on getting the cash from an actual re-design) or simply re-color their black/red/silver era logo, they paid some retard to come up with that thing they're unleashing on the poor people of upstate New York this season.

the only thing i can say to that is .. it would have been much cheaper to buy my designs off of me, or hire me to produce designs for them, than to risk a lawsuit or to even pour the amount of money on development into this slug. For that reason, i think this argument (which i've heard quite a bit), holds no water.

I think it was either contractual obligations with Reebok and the NHL, or a simple difference of opinion on what the logo should be. Most likely ... a bit of both.

True.... I've never been in the logo design business, so I don't know how everything works, but how often do major league teams develop their new identities from work they come across on the Internet or work that was sent in to them unsolicited by amateur designers? I can't think of an example, but then again, I wouldn't really know.

Sorry for the non-sequitor, but here's something related to the Sabres returning to Blue and Gold that hasn't been brought up yet:

Will the mascot, Sabretooth, see his fur go from red to... orange?

He used to be orange before the 96 season.

Any ideas?

Archived