New Sabres Logo??

gbasalmon

I wonder if the striping on the back of the hat will in any way play into what the jerseys will look like. Maybe they're going to rip off Montreal and do a torso stripe. Who knows!? Great find, nevertheless.

Actually, I could see them doing that.

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was at Winners this weekend (I believe it's the equivalent of Marshalls in the US) and saw a couple of Vintage Blue Sabres caps priced to clear at $10, I was very tempted to buy them both and put them up on ebay, can't see any of those around, and with the upcoming change people will be crying for "vintage".

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

I wonder if the striping on the back of the hat will in any way play into what the jerseys will look like. Maybe they're going to rip off Montreal and do a torso stripe. Who knows!? Great find, nevertheless.

Actually, I could see them doing that.

If they do... umm... you heard it here first? lol :P

I think what is bugging me most now is how badly, in the really close-up picture, it translates to the stitching. For lack of a better way to describe it, the edges look "pixelated" (even though that's because of the individual stitches, not because it's a computer image). It's like the flowy vector lines just don't translate well to fabric.

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

I think what is bugging me most now is how badly, in the really close-up picture, it translates to the stitching. For lack of a better way to describe it, the edges look "pixelated" (even though that's because of the individual stitches, not because it's a computer image). It's like the flowy vector lines just don't translate well to fabric.

Any logo does that. There's only so much detail they can put on a hat closure like that.

Was at Winners this weekend (I believe it's the equivalent of Marshalls in the US) and saw a couple of Vintage Blue Sabres caps priced to clear at $10, I was very tempted to buy them both and put them up on ebay, can't see any of those around, and with the upcoming change people will be crying for "vintage".

They sell those in the team store and every sporting goods store here.

slugbat.jpg

Keep your fingers crossed, folks. The Buffaslug could be a secondary that is mirrored on each shoulder with an updated classic look on the chest.

It wouldn't surprise me if they ended up with a jersey pattern like this:

sabres.gif

Keep your fingers crossed, folks. The Buffaslug could be a secondary that is mirrored on each shoulder with an updated classic look on the chest.

sabres.gif

From what we have seen it is pretty clear the slug logo is the primary and the B-Sabre is the secondary on the shoulders.

Keep your fingers crossed, folks.  The Buffaslug could be a secondary that is mirrored on each shoulder with an updated classic look on the chest.

sabres.gif

From what we have seen it is pretty clear the slug logo is the primary and the B-Sabre is the secondary on the shoulders.

I think that Larry Quinn said on WGRZ-TV that the B with the sabre was not going to be the shoulder logo.

Check wikipedia, i think it confirms it...

Only a few more weeks until we find out!

Keep your fingers crossed, folks.  The Buffaslug could be a secondary that is mirrored on each shoulder with an updated classic look on the chest.

sabres.gif

I think that Larry Quinn said on WGRZ-TV that the B with the sabre was not going to be the shoulder logo.

Check wikipedia, i think it confirms it...

Only a few more weeks until we find out!

Never mind then. I was going off the sheets we have seen.

sabres.gif

That looks like nothing more than a recolored Ducks (Mighty) third jersey. That would be pretty lame if the team, after all this build up, showed off something like that.

Archived