New Sabres Logo??

gbasalmon

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Sabres have said the new jersey will contain elements not yet seen in the NHL...

Football style numbers on the front of the jersey. Or how about a collegiate look w/ an arched "Buffalo" or "Sabres" over the numbers on the front. That would be different.

that's been done before, right?

bruins used to have numbers on the front.

I was thinking what he was thinking but you are right both have been done. The Bruins used to have front numbers and the Rangers for 1 season had the arched name over the number. Plus the latter style is used in college hockey. BU, Denver, and others use the team nickname over number style.

The Sabres have said the new jersey will contain elements not yet seen in the NHL...

Is it going to have clear panels? :D

That would be an element that would STILL not be "seen" in the NHL. *knee slapping laugh*

Hmm... an odd idea that just came to me...

you don't think the Sabres would be jumping the NHL gun on the Swift jersies, and their "never before seen element" would be the swift jersies... do you?

Swifts = Nike

NHL Jerseys = Reebok

And Reebok scrapped the form-fitting uniforms they were working on last year. So I have no idea what you're talking about.

Whatever it is probably won't even be noticable. Just a marketing ploy to get more people to come spend their money on a pointless debut.

the mooterus is dead, damnit. stop using it on hats, new era. use the texas.

The Mooterus can't be killed, just like Dick Cheney, Superman and Chuck Norris.

Come to think of it, I bet Chuck could get rid of the Mooterus--after all, if the man can divide by zero, lead a horse to water AND make it drink...

Chuck Norris' tears cure cancer...

This was in the Buffalo News this morning. It confirms the secondary "B" logo as well as the new wordmark:

september2006010.jpg

I'm not sure what's in the background. Maybe the new shorts with the stripes?

Yes it is. It's the shell striping and the road jersey on a player in a faceoff crouched stance.

Is it going to have clear panels? :D

That would be an element that would STILL not be "seen" in the NHL. *knee slapping laugh*

Hmm... an odd idea that just came to me...

you don't think the Sabres would be jumping the NHL gun on the Swift jersies, and their "never before seen element" would be the swift jersies... do you?

Swifts = Nike

NHL Jerseys = Reebok

And Reebok scrapped the form-fitting uniforms they were working on last year. So I have no idea what you're talking about.

Whatever it is probably won't even be noticable. Just a marketing ploy to get more people to come spend their money on a pointless debut.

We're still getting form fitting jerseys for the 2007-2008 season.

Why is there RED in the Slug?

First time I see red in there...

the buffalo has always had red eyes... even before the red and black era. i'd be disappointed if the buffalo DIDN'T have red eyes..

proof:

http://www.dropthepucks.com/images/Buf/sabres27-2.jpg

http://www.dropthepucks.com/images/Buf/85-...ault%20logo.JPG

http://www.dropthepucks.com/images/Buf/89-...ayfair%20ft.JPG

http://www.dropthepucks.com/images/Buf/76-77Sauvelogo.jpg

http://www.dropthepucks.com/images/Buf/Spencermatch.jpg

from all eras.

also, look at this crap:

http://www.icejerseys.com/images/opus_too_caps/stars_big.jpg

the mooterus is dead, damnit. stop using it on hats, new era. use the texas.

Just curious....what's the significance of the eye being red?

This was in the Buffalo News this morning. It confirms the secondary "B" logo as well as the new wordmark:

september2006010.jpg

I'm not sure what's in the background. Maybe the new shorts with the stripes?

Well based on this add it looks like they will probably emphasize the B logo as much as possible. Smart move given the hatred of the slug.

Well, I can clearly see the pants that were described by people who saw them at the practices, but does that look like part of the old logo on the jersey? below the dark stripe that goes up and across from the pants.

I really like the new font, the only thing I don't like is the slug. But that looks like a dark circle logo with a white shape in it.

slugbat.jpg

Hey, CC, run a lil query on your DB for us--at 735 replies, is this the longest thread this board has ever seen?

Nope, not even close... we had a thread a few years back where one poster had over 1000 posts in that one thread alone.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

Hey, CC, run a lil query on your DB for us--at 735 replies, is this the longest thread this board has ever seen?

It's only #2 in replies within the Sports Logos subforum. #1 in views, though.

Haven't bothered to check the other forums, but I know there are threads with much more.

EDIT: "What are you listening to?" is the most-replied-to, and "template requests" is the most viewed. Both are waaaaaay ahead of this thread.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

Nope, not even close... we had a thread a few years back where one poster had over 1000 posts in that one thread alone.

holy moly. What was the topic?

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

From the Buffalo Sabres Bulletin Board:
the b in the same spot as the captains C but on the other side

Perhaps that's the new element to NHL jerseys. I would prefer it on the shoulder, or front and center.

From the Buffalo Sabres Bulletin Board:
the b in the same spot as the captains C but on the other side

Perhaps that's the new element to NHL jerseys. I would prefer it on the shoulder, or front and center.

I wonder... does this mean there will be no slug on the chest? Or that we will see slug and B-sabre sharing the front?

For a primary logo they claim to be happy with, they seem to be making quite an effort to not use it... its absence from that news cutting says a lot.

Archived