New Sabres Logo??

gbasalmon

that New Era Ad shows the old B w/sword not the upated bank gothic version B.

It's a slight change, but a chnge nonethless that somemone missed.

I understand they haven't officially unvieled the new logo package, but to show the

old stuff in blue and gold seems odd. After reading the whole ad, this event seems to have nothing to do with the new logo, just a way for tjhe Sabres to try and keep

momentum into the upcoming season.

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Keep your fingers crossed, folks. The Buffaslug could be a secondary that is mirrored on each shoulder with an updated classic look on the chest.

It wouldn't surprise me if they ended up with a jersey pattern like this:

sabres.gif

Larry Quinn said the uniform was going to be unlike any in the NHL. This is not going to happen. I only wish it was going to look like these!

The Sabres have said the new jersey will contain elements not yet seen in the NHL...

in other words they will contain "style" as opposed to being boring and ridiculous

B)

Thats not what I hear

Only if you're confusing the words "different" and "stylish." :rolleyes:

Shredd and Ragan, two really funny local afternoon drive guys ( http://www.wedg.com/snr if you're interested, go to the audio vault) interviewd larry qunin months ago, thats when he said this jersey was going to contain something on no other NHL jersey.

Josh Potter, one of the guys on the show said " A :censored:ty logo?"

lol

The Sabres have said the new jersey will contain elements not yet seen in the NHL...

I think the Charlotte Bobcats made a similar statement and those uniforms were not particularly interesting.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Reaper said:

Keep your fingers crossed, folks.  The Buffaslug could be a secondary that is mirrored on each shoulder with an updated classic look on the chest.

It wouldn't surprise me if they ended up with a jersey pattern like this:

Given the negative feedback, I would not be blown away if they pulled a surprise (I don't know the new uni due dates or anything) and used the slug as a secondary and threw it on the shoulder.

When the Wild introduced their name and logo, it was must the "Wild" script. They ended up putting it on the shoulder and having the much better logo introduced later for the chest.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

in other words they will contain "style" as opposed to being boring and ridiculous

B)

Thats not what I hear

Only if you're confusing the words "different" and "stylish." :rolleyes:

Shredd and Ragan, two really funny local afternoon drive guys ( http://www.wedg.com/snr if you're interested, go to the audio vault) interviewd larry qunin months ago, thats when he said this jersey was going to contain something on no other NHL jersey.

Josh Potter, one of the guys on the show said " A :censored:ty logo?"

lol

That just made me blurt out a huge gaffaw (spelling?) in my office. Funny stuff, very funny stuff!

Is it going to have clear panels? :D

That would be an element that would STILL not be "seen" in the NHL. *knee slapping laugh*

Hmm... an odd idea that just came to me...

you don't think the Sabres would be jumping the NHL gun on the Swift jersies, and their "never before seen element" would be the swift jersies... do you?

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

Hmm... an odd idea that just came to me...

you don't think the Sabres would be jumping the NHL gun on the Swift jersies, and their "never before seen element" would be the swift jersies... do you?

I doubt they'd be jumping the gun on the swift jerseys, although that would be cool, because I'm sure we're all wondering what the heck these new jerseys will actually look like.

But I doubt they'd do that for this reason: the third jersey, which, as we all know, is gonna be the retro road jersey. Unless they made that a new form fitting sweater, I doubt they'd be jumping the gun... it doesn't make sense to me that they'd have 2 swift unis and one "olde tyme" uni. Wouldn't the differences between the fits throw the players off?

i was thinking of that too. But it's probably just the sabres building hype on their new jersey

Thought it was similar to the one on this sheet, ebod. Is this the Bank Gothic version you refer to? Just a rounding of the B?

sabreslogo2006-07.jpg

yep, that's the one I am refering to. I mentioned bank gothic, since that what was

floating around on the rumored logotype update. So they naturally modifed the "B" to try and match. The sabs love that flippin "B" and wanted to keep it bad I guess.

Wouldn't the differences between the fits throw the players off?

less than you'd think... except maybe the players would be more comortable in the alternates, which may be the case either way :)

i didn't hear a single good word about the swifts during the olympics, from the players.

I know a guy whose brother works at an auto dealership with the ex-husband of Ales Kotalik's housekeeper, and he says the new jerseys will be made entirely of wicker.

Oh, there's so many awful things that AREN'T on any NHL jersies... I can't wait for them to just release this P.O.S. so I can be upset about it and get over it.

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

There's never been a horned slug on a jersey before.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Archived