New Sabres Logo??

gbasalmon

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I found this over at Hockeybuzz.com

The Buffalo blogger got it from a "source" who termed it the "final draft"

I don't know how trustworthy this source is and I really doubt it'll be the crest judging by the centre ice paint. But hey thought it was cool. I've seen some concepts like this on here before.

FinalDraft.jpg

SignatureNHL.png

"Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution"

I don't know how trustworthy this source is and I really doubt it'll be the crest judging by the centre ice paint. But hey thought it was cool. I've seen some concepts like this on here before.

That's a concept ripped from here.

One of the 291,752 ways to improve this logo that the Sabres are steadfastly not doing.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I don't know how trustworthy this source is and I really doubt it'll be the crest judging by the centre ice paint.  But hey thought it was cool.  I've seen some concepts like this on here before.

FinalDraft.jpg

I made that when the "Leak" first surfaced. It was just a way to show what could of been done IF they had to use the slug.

See all of my concepts at: Designed by DRutka

main%20555.gif

4inarow.gif

Your first tipoff that this was false should have been that it came from hockeybuzz.com which is Eklund's site. You should go through the archives and you will see that practically all of his rumors from inside sources turn out to be wrong. My favorite from this past offseason was where he said there was no way Recchi would return to Pittsburgh the night before he he signed with Pittsburgh.

Your first tipoff that this was false should have been that it came from hockeybuzz.com which is Eklund's site. You should go through the archives and you will see that practically all of his rumors from inside sources turn out to be wrong. My favorite from this past offseason was where he said there was no way Recchi would return to Pittsburgh the night before he he signed with Pittsburgh.

Yeah I've heard at nauseum that Ek's rumours aren't real but hell I just go there for hockey discussion pretty much.

As for the logo I was certain I'd seen it here before just couldn't remember who made it.

DRutka, awesome concept :)

SignatureNHL.png

"Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution"

its pretty sad watching this slow unwrapping of such a disappointing package ... i don't think i could really be any more disappointed with this whole identity ... the rumors surrounding the uniform are not painting a pretty picture at all either

Some of the bloggers are worthwhile, though.

The Blues blogger, Andy Strickland is great. He's probably the best source regarding the Blues, and he writes great stories.

Some of the bloggers are worthwhile, though.

The Blues blogger, Andy Strickland is great. He's probably the best source regarding the Blues, and he writes great stories.

Naturally.....

its pretty sad watching this slow unwrapping of such a disappointing package ... i don't think i could really be any more disappointed with this whole identity ... the rumors surrounding the uniform are not painting a pretty picture at all either

In all fairness I think you are a bit biased. You have some many people pulling for your designs, how could you not be disappointed? I'm pretty excited about the new uniforms. I love the colors and the wordmark and I think the logo will be fine once we see it in the proper context.

Do they sell concessions at practice skates?  The Sabres will certainly make a lot of money, I imagine the new unis will be on sale at the arena store.

I'm sure they'll sell plenty of beer, but I can't imagine anyone actually wanting to buy slug-fouled merchandise.

They'll have to sell a lot of beer to sell a lot of uni's with this garbage on it.

usd-sig.png

In all fairness I think you are a bit biased. You have some many people pulling for your designs, how could you not be disappointed? I'm pretty excited about the new uniforms. I love the colors and the wordmark and I think the logo will be fine once we see it in the proper context.

First of all, this isn't a competition ... its simply design and aesthetic awareness.

I would only like them to use my design, because for all intents and purposes, I believe mine is far more true to the history of the team, and the wishes of the fans. This slug will not "be fine" when we see it on the uniforms. A logo has to be a symbol for the team, not a fashion accessory on a piece of apparel.

To truly be worthwhile, it has to be universally applicable to all merchandise and formats ... be it on the crest where its most prominently held, all the way to a cheek painted on by a fan. Easy to recognize, and meaningful for many reasons. Representational of something highly important to the fans and the teams characteristics and beliefs. The old crest had achieved all that, and now, rather than being updated to continue its rightful place in the hearts of its fans, its cast aside, and really left only as a novelty relic.

Its this backward thinking and unawareness of its fans wishes or proper branding techniques that make this project an utter failure. At least the Islanders, Gordons Fisherman logo was representational of its name in a proud and respective way ... albeit completely ridiculous looking when put into context for a professional team. It worked on one of the many levels for a logo to work, and thats much more than the Sabres logo manages to achieve.

I love the colors and the wordmark and I think the logo will be fine once we see it in the proper context.

A truly good logo doesn't have to be seen on a uniform to be seen "in the proper context."

That's right. The very fact that they have to say "you'll like it when you see it all...." or you're "seeing it out of context" tells you the wrong kind of anticipation has been achieved. 3 and a half days away from the unveiling, and there is still a need to re-assure fans that they'll like it. If the logo had leaked looking like JS's most recent concept, this would have been a far different fan reaction and eager anticipation, instead of fearful anticipation.

That's right. The very fact that they have to say "you'll like it when you see it all...." or you're "seeing it out of context" tells you the wrong kind of anticipation has been achieved. 3 and a half days away from the unveiling, and there is still a need to re-assure fans that they'll like it. If the logo had leaked looking like JS's most recent concept, this would have been a far different fan reaction and eager anticipation, instead of fearful anticipation.

Why do I need to see it all to like it? The logo is out there and its already on the ice. Its not going to look better on a hat, t-shirt, or merchandise on Saturday when they officially show everything off. Yes I understand that we have not seen the whole uniform but why do we? The logo is what represents the team. It looks terrible on the ice but it will look good on a jersey? Give me a break!

ASU, I think Aud One is agreeing with you...

Maybe you're arguing with jcjr81?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived