New Sabres Logo??

gbasalmon

Was this too much to ask for? This is eSabre's awesome logo from earlier in this thread along with the new jersey shown recently. I'm not doing backflips about the jersey because it appears to be a Sharks recolor, and I've made it pretty clear how I feel about those over time. I like the colors just fine, and for the striping pattern, if that's what it is, then that's what it is, only with a great looking logo.

sabres.png

Ahhh, what could have been.

The return to Blue and Gold. Careful what you ask for, you just might get it...

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I will admit this:  I made that mock up.  I myself think it is rather ugly even without the logo on, but, as stated, I used all the info/rumor/gossip I could find to try and draw it up.

As for the Broncos comparison, that is exactly what it is.  I read that it had "striping carrying up from the shorts up to the neckline in a curved line, just like the Broncos."  When I saw the photos of the shorts' striping, I just carried them up and curved them in.

One thing I failed to notice before making this, however, was the fact that the panel between the gold/grey stripes on the front of the shorts and those on the back is black.  If this concept I drew up is close, the jersey panel between the stripes would likely be black too.  This leads me to believe they are not quite right as black side panels would most likely terminate under the arm.  The apex of the converging stripes might be at the shoulder seam to accomodate that rather than the way I drew it.

Then again, the sweater was designed by those that brought us the slug, so anything (provided it is ugly) is possible.

Black? In seeing them on TV, it still looked blue to me, albeit a darker shade. Black? Oh, please no! I was hoping that the side panel was just a different fabric than the rest (i.e reflective vs. matted) or something like that.

Black? Urgh!

yeah, I've seen some of the practice photos posted over on SabreSFans.com, where players are wearing the new shorts, and I definitely didn't see any black in there. More gray than I would have expected, but no black, as far as I can tell.

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

Does anyone else think these fairly close to soccer jerseys? I mean, you've got a secondary patch above the breast as well as the logo and the number on the pants in the same location as do the soccer templates that I've seen around here. Maybe that's the direction that everyone will eventually be going?

I think it's way too busy. Not ugly, neccesarily, but just way to busy.

I've not chimed in about the logo yet because, like a lot of people, I guess I want to actually see it in the context of the uniform itself. Honestly, though it looks like a slug, I appreciate the direction that they went for here. Could it have been executed better? Oh, you know it.

Maybe I just want all of those Sabres fans to stop whining about it. :P

philly.png

images%5CPlethNewJersey.JPG

i think my general feeling after this unveiling will be that the jersey template is ok ... at the least bearable, all be it not in standing with tradition or hockey or city history. But I will never ever accept the slug as a viable symbol .. and its utter awkwardness and horrible design will not be overlooked.

Also, apparently the whites will have the wordmark on them as well ... not the blues

images%5CPlethNewJersey.JPG

i think my general feeling after this unveiling will be that the jersey template is ok ... at the least bearable, all be it not in standing with tradition or hockey or city history.  But I will never ever accept the slug as a viable symbol .. and its utter awkwardness and horrible design will not be overlooked.

Also, apparently the whites will have the wordmark on them as well ... not the blues

It looks like silver stripes are going up the sides of the jersey and wrapping over the sleeves, kind of like the Cincinnati Bengals.

I'm liking what I'm seeing. The number on the front is new. That hint of a shoulder logo intrigues me.

EDIT: Never mind, that shoulder logo we see is actually the handle of the "sword going through the B" logo.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

not a terrible jersey...

I just wish....

sabres.gif

No offense to J.S. , He has a lot more talent then I'll ever have. But thats not a Buffalo. The Body is wrong.

His Alt Buffalo Is Better It just needs its torso lengthend and a Buffalo's Tail.

The Sabres, on His 03 Concepts were Better as well.

I have nothing to sell. Just a Sabres Fan.

not a terrible jersey...

I just wish....

sabres.gif

No offense to J.S. , He has a lot more talent then I'll ever have. But thats not a Buffalo. The Body is wrong.

His Alt Buffalo Is Better It just needs its torso lengthend and a Buffalo's Tail.

The Sabres, on His 03 Concepts were Better as well.

i'm gonna have to defend my work a bit here, and also simply ask for some explanation ... perhaps if you can help me see what you're seeing i can improve it a bit further.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

here are a few of the NUMEROUS reference shots i was working off of to get proportions and anatomical understanding to make it appear proper.

logos_primary_b.jpg

compared now to the buffalo ... the 'short torso' may be due to the slight foreshortening .. as its not a perfect sideshot, its at a slight angle .. notice the legs staggered as they would be if the buffalo was slightly coming out at you.

other than that .. i'd like to know what specifically is lacking in making it more buffalo-esque .. and please be brutally honest, because if i'm missing something or simply not seeing, i'd like to hear it so as to improve.

i'm gonna have to defend my work a bit here, and also simply ask for some explanation ... perhaps if you can help me see what you're seeing i can improve it a bit further.

3.jpg

Well, there's your problem right there...those are European bison.

Maybe if you had two of them on the logo, they could carry the sabres between them on a bit of bark... <_<

Seriously, though, I think your concept looks great on that sweater.

bloodshot.png

other than that .. i'd like to know what specifically is lacking in making it more buffalo-esque .. and please be brutally honest, because if i'm missing something or simply not seeing, i'd like to hear it so as to improve.

I just noticed now, but the buffalo seems to be "floating" down to the left. Maybe it's just me.

Archived