New Sabres Logo??

gbasalmon

I can imagine them saying "hey everyone loves the Texans' stylized bull head, why not a buffalo head?". It looks decent for a shoulder patch or maybe even an alternate, but, like pretty much everyone else, I can't say I like it as a primary.

Maybe they'll go the Ducks route and just have the word buffalo with the slug as the letter B. :rolleyes:

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of Buffalo's most respected sports columnists, Jerry Sullivan of the News has written an editorial in today's issue bashing the Buffaslug...

I hope that the more negative press this logo receives, the better chance we have of the Sabres dashing their plans by the wayside.

read me

One of Buffalo's most respected sports columnists, Jerry Sullivan of the News has written an editorial in today's issue bashing the Buffaslug...

I hope that the more negative press this logo receives, the better chance we have of the Sabres dashing their plans by the wayside.

read me

He made a few references to this site. That's pretty cool. We're leading the charge against the Buffaslug :D

[ncognito,Saturday, July 8th, 2006 - 11:27:55]
The slugalo is an endangered species.

That's what I like to hear!

[ncognito,Saturday, July 8th, 2006 - 11:27:55]
The slugalo is an endangered species.

That's what I like to hear!

I especially like to hear that from a guy like Tazz! (he knows his :censored:!)

After seeing this logo, I see some character traits similar to the NE Pats new logo (at least it was new a few years back) . . . not a lot of definition to the face, a long thinning tail towards the back end of the logo. Clearly, NE's logo isn't bad . . .this one's not to great although I don't totally hate it. I'm not a designer, but clearly I've seen many excellent concepts posted on this board, not only for this logo/jersey but for others too. You've got to wonder who's making the decisions for the clubs on these poor choices.

Jayzcat

read me

He made a few references to this site. That's pretty cool. We're leading the charge against the Buffaslug :D

Where did he say that? I read it but could'nt find them.

I hope the sabers don't use the slug. I would never buy anything with that logo on it.

Drew

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

After seeing this logo, I see some character traits similar to the NE Pats new logo (at least it was new a few years back) . . . not a lot of definition to the face, a long thinning tail towards the back end of the logo. Clearly, NE's logo isn't bad . . .this one's not to great although I don't totally hate it. I'm not a designer, but clearly I've seen many excellent concepts posted on this board, not only for this logo/jersey but for others too. You've got to wonder who's making the decisions for the clubs on these poor choices.

Jayzcat

The logo would be fine if it were blue and red, and on a Bills helmet. But not on a hockey sweater.

slugbat.jpg

read me

Good read. Keep the pressure on, guys.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

I know everybody's up-in-arms about the supposed NEW "Buffa-Slugs" logo,

but in defense,it doesn't look so bad if you make it "look" better by:

1).put the buffa-slug in side a navy/royal blue circle.

2).put the 2 crossed swords + 2 slashes below.

3).color the circle outline in goldish yellow/silver gray.

I'm done for the day.The End.

majorleaguebaseball3fi.gif

nflfan8bf.jpg

319rg.jpg

dccomics5vs.png

antimtv.png

But they aren't doing that.

How do you know that they're not doing that? The jersey hasn't even come out yet....nobody knows what the :censored: they're going to do

How do you know that they're not doing that? The jersey hasn't even come out yet....nobody knows what the :censored: they're going to do

Unless the striping pattern of the jersey includes a circle with sabres in the middle, then they aren't presently planning on doing that.

If what we've seen is accurate, that's the primary logo, period. There was no logo like that. They aren't doing that unless they change their plans. I can say that 90% confidence. It's just how things worth. And it has nothing to do with when the jerseys come out because that's a logo element not a jersey element.

read me

I hope the sabers don't use the slug. I would never buy anything with that logo on it.

Drew

He didn't mention the site specifically, but things posted on this site. Barney's hair, for instance.

read me

Drew

He didn't mention the site specifically, but things posted on this site. Barney's hair, for instance.

I've seen most of that stuff he mentioned on other sites also many of them before I saw them posted on here.

read me

Drew

</lurk>

not that it really matters, but i originally posted my "Barney Rubble's hair" pic on sabrefans.com (scroll down to see goatloard's post) the day the logo broke.

:peace:

<lurk>

The problem with the Buffaslug is that it's just a repackaging of the problems the goat head has. The logo represents a buffalo, not sabres.

Seeing that everyone else is posting their concepts, I think I'll join in on the fun, so for about the 78320th time, here's what I would like to see the Sabres go to:

NHLuniformsBS3.png

read me

Drew

</lurk>

not that it really matters, but i originally posted my "Barney Rubble's hair" pic on sabrefans.com (scroll down to see goatloard's post) the day the logo broke.

:peace:

<lurk>

Alright. False alarm, folks.

Out of curiosity, does anybody know what designer is responsible for this atrocity?

the art direction and design was handled by Reebok. They collected designs and concepts from external designers as well as designing their own concepts. Not sure if the "slug" came from

an external designer or inhouse. In short, Reebok gave the ulitimate direction and the Sabres the approval.

Not sure why they never contacted JSº, it's not like he would be hard to find. From what I know. they were not too informed or concerened about what the fans wanted, they took their feedback straight from the Sabres organization. They asked for a simple, timeless iconic logo

like the Texans. IMO, they did not get it.

Archived