New Sabres Logo??

gbasalmon

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just wondering... does anyone else see a letter B in the silver area, combined with the blank space created by the arc? Or am I just crazy?

newlogoB.jpg

newlogo1.jpg

I don't see that but for some reason the buffalo looks like a deformed B to me.

Just wondering... does anyone else see a letter B in the silver area, combined with the blank space created by the arc?  Or am I just crazy?

newlogoB.jpg

newlogo1.jpg

I don't see that but for some reason the buffalo looks like a deformed B to me.

here is some back up to my point buffalob.png

alt_03a.jpg

heres my take on adding legs ... also decided to make it the proper color ... oh also decided to make it less abstract and cartoon trendy ... also decided to do this 3 years ago ...

but i have to say, i dont think a buffalo stands to reason as a good standalone logo for this team for any reason whatsoever .. so i'd can this one anyway.

just my take.

after 3 years of digesting feedback from everyone on this whole thing ... I'm pretty sure that I've finally conceded that the golden gold should be scrapped for a more vivid yellow gold. Had the Rams not done it first, it might have been a good direction, but in contrast, the brighter yellow gold is much more about the sabres, and even with a slight darkening of the blue, it still rings true to form as the original colors just slightly grown up.

But this addition of silver ruins the look to me .. its been done with the pacers, its been done with the predators. The Sabres should OWN blue and gold ... thats their colors.

just another thought for all.

*cough*...an idea...

Sabres-004.gif

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

It's a fantastic concept, but the logo is still a POS. Seriously, look at it. Not even your great design can make up for what a terrible logo it is. The logo represents a team and that's is not how I'd want to be represented if I was in the NHL.

The Sabres should OWN blue and gold ... thats their colors.

I think the Rams, Blues, Pacers, and Brewers fans might beg to differ

For the most part I was speaking of just hockey ... and even with the Blues .. with their name being an associated color, i've always viewed their gold as much more of an accent color. They use two shades of blue, and then white and gold evenly.

The Blues own BLUE (and white and gold) ... the Leafs own BLUE AND WHITE ... the Red Wings own RED AND WHITE ... the Sabres should own BLUE AND GOLD ... as two primary colors. Thats why their old blue jerseys were so beautiful .. white was nonexistant except for the crest.

The difference to note between the Sabres and the Blues is fairly similar to the differences to note between the White Sox and the Yankees .. the Yankees own black and white ... the Sox have silver tossed in.

The Sabres should OWN blue and gold ... thats their colors.

I think the Rams, Blues, Pacers, and Brewers fans might beg to differ

For the most part I was speaking of just hockey ... and even with the Blues .. with their name being an associated color, i've always viewed their gold as much more of an accent color. They use two shades of blue, and then white and gold evenly.

The Blues own BLUE (and white and gold) ... the Leafs own BLUE AND WHITE ... the Red Wings own RED AND WHITE ... the Sabres should own BLUE AND GOLD ... as two primary colors. Thats why their old blue jerseys were so beautiful .. white was nonexistant except for the crest.

The difference to note between the Sabres and the Blues is fairly similar to the differences to note between the White Sox and the Yankees .. the Yankees own black and white ... the Sox have silver tossed in.

And the Preds own Mustard! (Because no one else will take it.) :D

Well, except that the Yankees are navy and white...

FINE!  Here you go, you big bunch of babies!  :P

Sabres-005.gif

That's great, now can you have Buffaslug bursting out of ice at the bottom like the old Wild Wing jerseys. :P

Okay! :D

Sabres-006.gif

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Sabres-005.gif

That's great, now can you have Buffaslug bursting out of ice at the bottom like the old Wild Wing jerseys. :P

Sabres-006.gif

that buffaslug looks like its going to slam face first in to the ice.

aside from that, the buffa-wing jersey makes that logo a tad bit more tolerable. provided it was only used on an alternate or a fashion jersey.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Sabres-005.gif

Sabres-006.gif

well played sir ... well played

alt_03a.jpg

heres my take on adding legs ... also decided to make it the proper color ... oh also decided to make it less abstract and cartoon trendy ... also decided to do this 3 years ago ...

but i have to say, i dont think a buffalo stands to reason as a good standalone logo for this team for any reason whatsoever .. so i'd can this one anyway.

just my take.

So you basically changed everything ^_^ . No matter, it's still a better logo than a banana, or a slug, or a banana slug, or a viking, or a hunchbacked viking, or a legless buffalo, or a piece of :censored:, or a...

alt_03a.jpg

just my take.

Looks cool, but I think the legs need to be bigger/longer. Legs that small couldn't support a buffalo like that haha. Although, at least your concept has legs, lol.

alt_03a.jpg

just my take.

That looks great but my walking buffalo logo is about 100 times better and more fierce looking :D

Archived