New Sabres Logo??

gbasalmon

Click on the fan poll and tell 'em you hate it. http://www.wgr550.com/index.php

Wow.........11 % "love it." I would love for the number to get under 10% still.

They really need to follow up with "and we would like to thank everyone at the sabres front office for voting..." still at 11% sigh

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not trying to be a d*ck here because I love logos and all, but....its just a logo.....for a hockey team. Its not like its the new Play Station 3 or anything.

Maybe your priorities are in the wrong order there, considering where you're posting and all :D

Maybe you're right...forget this whole social life thing, I'm a postin'!!!!!!!! ^_^

Lawsuits, Cease and desist orders, it could get ugly if they talked too much and showed us the logos

I'm not trying to be a d*ck here because I love logos and all, but....its just a logo.....for a hockey team. Its not like its the new Play Station 3 or anything.

Who gives a rats ass about the new PlayStaion 3? I couldn't give a crap about anything to do with stupid video games.

My point here is - this is a logos forum...this is what we obsess about. What's important to one person may or may not be important to another.

I hate video games with a passion - that's just my opinion. Others couldn't care about sports logos and uniforms. That's their right to do so.

dude....I'm kidding.

I do know that these logos are up on LOD.

I'm suprised no one has uploaded the version with the buffalo including the wordmark. Tazz & Pantone spoke about a stylized bank gothic font. The leaked style sheet that's posted on this board is missing that logo.

I believe it is the real deal, only because I am affiliated with an nhl franchisee and proper notice has to be given regarding identity changes. Otherwise we'd be wasting time and money designing fanwear with out of date artwork, and with approvals and getting lines developed for retail we must have final logo changes by this time of year. September is too far away.

Tazz & Pantone spoke about a stylized bank gothic font.

No I didn't. All I have seen has been in this thread. I have no other knowledge of this other than what I have read here.

I know NOTHING!

[/sgtschultz]

:P

I'm suprised no one has uploaded the version with the buffalo including the wordmark. Tazz & Pantone spoke about a stylized bank gothic font. The leaked style sheet that's posted on this board is missing that logo.

I believe it is the real deal, only because I am affiliated with an nhl franchisee and proper notice has to be given regarding identity changes. Otherwise we'd be wasting time and money designing fanwear with out of date artwork, and with approvals and getting lines developed for retail we must have final logo changes by this time of year. September is too far away.

How do you know? My moles have a license for the logos and cannot access it.

Cards.png

Man, I wish I could take the blue pill on this whole Sabres logo thing. I was so much happier before I saw the buffaslug. I know it shouldn't bother me, it's just a stupid logo and it doesn't matter what the logo looks like, it matters how they play, etc, etc... but it DOES matter to me, and this slug thing has ruined my whole week. I'm ACTUALLY depressed about it. I'm still hoping it is some kind of intentional fake leak, but if it is, that's a DIRTY trick.

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

Just read the article...talk about dropping the ball.

Although, if you read it carefully the reporter is the one talking about the logo, but Larry Quinn says that he hasn't seen any of the logo pages, so he can't specifically comment on those. Interesting....maybe he's viewing the feedback and might change? Is this just a pipe dream on my part? I don't know.

I think a reaql quick fix could be something like DRutka's design. That way, they can still use the little yellow swoosh logo alone, but on the jersey have it propoer with crossed sabres and all.

Please Sabres, do the right thing!

How do you know? My moles have a license for the logos and cannot access it.

I have been on LOD this week and the logo with the wordmark is on there too. Like I said I have access because I am affiliated with a franchisee. it's on the site now.

My appologies to Pantone for assuming his knowledge of this.

Remember when Carmen Policy introduced a new 49ers helmet and fan reaction was so negative that it was immediately shelved? This Carmen Policy (get it?) should be the norm for all sports teams. Most recently, fan reaction kept Marquette from keeping its ludicrous "Gold" moniker. Hopefully, we can do the same here.

The Buffaslug (who thought of that? It's terrific!) is very, very bad. The 2006-2007 Stanley Cup Champion Sabres deserve better.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Remember when Carmen Policy introduced a new 49ers helmet and fan reaction was so negative that it was immediately shelved?

I think that's a good policy here. The Buffaslug (who thought of that? It's terrific!) is very, very bad. The 2006-2007 Stanley Cup Champion Sabres deserve better.

Well, I just wrote them an e-mail. Not much, but it's a start.

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

I have monitoring this thread, hoping what I saw yesterday was a fake

and even though I am still holding out hope, I feel sickened by the "new logo".

I was contacted by Reebok last summer to concept some ideas for the Sabres project and think I gave them stronger options than what they ended up with.

They were asking for a real iconic logo, like the Texans, Bills or Broncos, a true logo, not just a styleized overdrawn animal like the goathead. Knowing what they wanted from the beginning I think they're almost there, but the yellow buffalo is horrible. It should be white without hesitation. I really gave them a strong point of view from a design standpoint as well as being a native buffalonian and huge sabres fan. I actually had a concept and reason for my designs, not just a stylized buffalo head. I will post my sketches and thoughts here in a seperate thread perhaps later tonight. I also have a presentation booklet of what was first shown to the team more than a year ago.

that would be a welcomed addition to this thread. I look forward to it.

Do you have any insight as to why they did not want to feature a sabre along with a buffalo in their designs? I like the idea of creating a true iconic logo, but feel that a sabre somewhere on the main crest is essential to that process.

(Here's me trying to believe it's still a hoax by the Sabres)

This doesn't make sense to me. Although I haven't seen an actual newspaper yet today, it seems that the logo was printed next to the story in the Buffalo News. Why wouldn't the Sabres have some sort of official unveiling, even without uniforms, at the draft party, rather than have it first shown to the public in the sports page?

Archived