New Sabres Logo??

gbasalmon

I've been waiting ten long years for my Sabres to finally be properly dressed again. And if they adopt these, I'll still be waiting. Blue and gold, fabulous. But that logo proposal is unbelievably, indescribably awful.

If you can't go back to 1995, then at the very least design something competent.

PapelbonSpaceship.png

bannerlong.jpg

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So... heres my take... If that is a legit looking picture, and it just so happens that the style sheet from the ducks was posted a couple days before, someone just copied it, taking after the ducks. If the ducks sheet thing was posted afterwards, I dont know, maybe it is real.

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

The Sabres management and marketing staff have to be some of the biggest idiots in sports. At the draft they could have unveiled their logo and already put their jerseys on sale. With the solid run they had in the playoffs and the emergence of Briere as a solid captain and Miller as the #1 for years to come, they could have sold plenty of jerseys.

You don't know what you're talking about with regards to the Sabres' management and marketing staff.

They are trying to maximize revenues by capitalizing on their playoff run by selling merchandise with their current logo (and to help blow out the current stock before the new logo unveiling) plus they are trying to build some excitement for the new look for the Sabres. One of the ways you build excitement is to wait until the most amount of people will be interested in your product before you unveil it. Only diehards are interested in hockey in late June. It's best to wait until September when people are getting antsy for the start of the NHL season and then create a frenzy for the new look.

The Sabres' merchandise market is relatively small so they are going to have a pre-season logo/jersey roll out much in the same manner that the Calgary Flames did with their red home jersey and black flaming C in 2003. Get the fans hyped about the new logo and uniform right before the season and they will buy more through jersey preordering, etc.

Actually you don't know what your talking about. If they wanted to have a blowout sale with their current merchandise, they would reveal their jersey the same time as the Ducks, maybe a week or 2 after.

When the new stuff comes out, a lot of the fans will still want to grab as much of the old stuff as memorabilia (collectors items) and keep it and just let it gain value.

When the Canucks unveiled their fantastically ugly jerseys (the current ones you see now) they then old stuff started to sell fast and the new jerseys just went off the shelf also. In other words EVERYTHING CANUCK was selling fast and it was a good marketing job, just poor design with the logo (orcabay sucks).

The Sabrs marketing staff dropped the ball on finding the right design if that indeed is the logo, they are doing another bad job by not unveiling it during the off season.

BTW: Anaheim also had a good run in the playoffs and had the emergence of a crop of solid young stars and a new goalie to take over #1 spot. I'm sure their old Ducks stuff and their New Ducks stuff are selling pretty quickly. Fans are opened to get used to the new designs before the season starts.

If these leaked logo's are the sabres logo...and they are out in September, i don't think many fans will really like them right away and you'd still see more of the current sabres jerseys worn because of that rather than bringing them in early for the fans to adapt to.

Just what i think, don't have to take it totally literal and spazz out.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

Jesus, can you say BRUINS? lol

Bruins?? :therock:

auth_jersey_white_big.jpg

It's loosely based on that old-school design. I'm not sure which Bruins jersey you're referring to, but I don't recall them ever using anything similar to what I did there. The only thing close is the 72 vintage jerseys, which is still not as similar as the Buffalo old ones.

[ncognito' date=Wednesday, June 28th, 2006 - 14:17:18] This is what I was hoping to see <_<

sabres.jpg

credit to JS for the logo naturally

If that's the final logo, boy did they miss the mark on this one.

I meant to put this pic in my post

[ncognito' date=Wednesday, June 28th, 2006 - 15:55:18]

Jesus, can you say BRUINS? lol

Bruins?? :therock:

auth_jersey_white_big.jpg

It's loosely based on that old-school design. I'm not sure which Bruins jersey you're referring to, but I don't recall them ever using anything similar to what I did there. The only thing close is the 72 vintage jerseys, which is still not as similar as the Buffalo old ones.

Thats not the one I was talking about that one. I was talking about the concept you put up earlier, unless my monitor is :censored:ed up....it def. looked like Bruins colors. The post above mine is what i'm talking about.....the colors, I wasn't talking about the actual design of the uniform

Thats not the one I was talking about that one. I was talking about the concept you put up earlier, unless my monitor is :censored:ed up....it def. looked like Bruins colors. The post above mine is what i'm talking about.....the colors, I wasn't talking about the actual design of the uniform

Ahh I see, well the only concept I posted has a definite blue and yellow color scheme. The blue is a tad more navy than the old and the yellow is a bit darker, but it's definitely blue and yellow.

on the local sports radio station WGR 550

they were talking about the new logo allllll day

how ugly it is, they think its the real one

They are still talking about it right now.

Every single caller and emailer completely hates it.

The comparisons people are making are hilarious.

on the local sports radio station WGR 550

they were talking about the new logo allllll day

how ugly it is, they think its the real one

Well, the more bad publicity there is the better the chance that the Sabres will do something about it, ie. erase any evidence that the logo ever existed. I'm hoping that this is just a brilliant leak of a fake logo orchestrated by Tom Golisano and the Sabres' management. Everybody cross their fingers.

This would be a nice modernization of the old logo, colors, and uni.

I would love this if I were a Sabres fan

It's not a modernization of an old logo... it's a new and hideous mockery of the team's identity.

If you were a Sabres fan, you'd be emailing the team and ranting in the local media.

BTW, can anyone PM me a contact at the Sabres? I tried emailing Mike Gilbert, but it kept getting kicked back to me.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

This is just terrible. Heck, any designer on these boards could've made a better logo than that! Here's to hoping that this is either ( a) dissaproved by every fan in Buffalo to make them change, or ( b ) this is just one big leak of a proposed logo that never went through.

Archived