New Sabres Logo??

gbasalmon

Praise be to Roger for not including a mustard alt! :D

Actually, I would say: Shame on you, Roger!

I thought you had bigger b@ll$ :therock:

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, the sleeves of the jersey were taken directly from Nashville's third jersey. It's not my fault though...I find it matches the logo amd colors perfectly.

Besides, Nashville's third jersey deserves to be put out to pasture.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

Roger-

My comment wasn't about your jersey mockup...just about the logo color choice in general.

Didn't want to come across as an a-hole...

Doug

Well, I'm certainly excited for the impending redesigns of both this atrocity and the new Ducks logo in 2009. Anyone have any leaks for those designs yet?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

The more I read JS's last post, the angrier I get. The thing that has bugged me the most about this is that the one thing I've been hearing for the last 9 plus years here is that Sabres fans want to go back to the OLD crest. It really is overwhelming. And, in the end, we would have been easily pleased with something RESEMBLING the old crest. But this... is an abomination of all of that. It's like they took goat head, made it uglier, and put it in the sacred colors. Bah, sorry, I'm ranting...

That's exactly it. We want our old uniforms back. That's all there is to it. We'd accept a slight modernization or a redesign, but we want our old uniforms back. This isn't them. This is an abomination.

I still like it better than the Goat Lord though.

PapelbonSpaceship.png

bannerlong.jpg

one of the things that baffle me the most about this is the idea that fans are supposed to accept a YELLOW buffalo. if the color was treated more as gold, then i could say, hey, a golden buffalo, thats got something to it.

But this reads to me as a yellow buffalo, which looks like it was the white buffalo, soaked in pee. Thats not the kind of symbol I can rally behind.

does anyone else think it almost doesn't look like a buffalo and looks more like a Viking?

A hunchbacked viking maybe

The Hunchback of Nørsk Dame?

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

one of the things that baffle me the most about this is the idea that fans are supposed to adopt a YELLOW buffalo. if the color was treated more as gold, then i could say, hey, a golden buffalo, thats got something to it.

But this reads to me as a yellow buffalo, which looks like it was the white buffalo, soaked in pee. Thats not the kind of symbol I can rally behind.

No chance of them recolouring it to show up better on different jerseys? Example: Maple Leafs.

Maybe only if they bust out a yellow alt.

*cough*...an idea...

Sabres-004.gif

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

Now THAT is a beautiful concept. It looks great with that bullett...er...buffalo. Great job yet again.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

sabreslogo2006-07.jpg

:censored:. No!!!!!!!

My thoughts exactly.

I'll be VERY dissapointed if the they reveal THIS logo as the new one.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

I recently caught word that this was one of a series of proposals ... this one having been put together by JPatton ( http://www.jpattonsports.com ).  This one had the best results in their focus groups, which apparently did not consist of buffalonians, or the correct age group completely. 

They are sports marketing group which means they attempt to cater to the bottom line mentality, rather than the fans first, which then adds to the bottomline in the long run.  Their business model is most likely skewed, which is why you see this result.  Not enough brand recognition / research, too much time spent on market tests and comparisons. What this means is that their meetings would go a bit like this ... "the yellow buffalo got a higher response than white buffalo because its more vibrant against blue jersey, overall, with a 10% higher response, it makes more sense to use that."  Whereas instead .. it should be, white buffalo has a mythological and historical background that can be transferred to multiple campaigns and marketing material ( think white buffaloes charging on 30 second tv spots, and large white buffalo herds charging on larger than life posters throughout the arena .... think campaign slogans that can come out of this ) to gain fan response which can be transferred to higher ticket sales and more merch sold.

Its backward marketing, backward advertising, backward design.  Nice to see they at least carried the theme all the way through and turned the buffalo backwards from where it was to show how they are headed in the TOTAL OPPOSITE DIRECTION now.

so from what i gather from that is instead of using sabre fans, the people that are putting money in their wallet, as the focus group, they are using elementary classrooms as the focus group. they make it flashy enough for kids, they like it, thus getting approved. they figure if kids like it now, by the time they become at age to buy merchandise or have their parents buy merchandise, the whole logo will have been around long enough and have been accepted by that demographics because they had no real attachment to goat head or old sabres logo to them this IS the sabres logo.

are we to believe that elementary level kids are deciding the fate of a symbolic professional franchise logo? the ticket and merchandise buyers have no say what so ever in the final product and we are simply to accept this long term even though 90% of the ticket/merchandise buyers hate it?

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

are we to believe that elementary level kids are deciding the fate of a symbolic professional franchise logo? the ticket and merchandise buyers have no say what so ever in the final product and we are simply to accept this long term even though 90% of the ticket/merchandise buyers hate it?

it's simple...

ownership figures the die-hard fans will buy the merchandise regardless of what it looks like... they're fans, they'll always be fans, they'll always buy

the target is the non-fan

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Well, now that it's out in the mainstream media (newspaper, TV), maybe there will be enough negative feedback (outrage) to convince the Sabres they made a huge mistake. Unfortunately, I have the feeling management chose this because it "tested well," and they think it'll sell the most merchandise. What age group are they aiming at- 5 to 10 yr olds? That group doesn't exactly have the disposable income to buy a $100 plus hockey jersey.

Please let us hope there's enough time to stop this Buff-yellow in it's tracks.

Well, now that it's out in the mainstream media (newspaper, TV), maybe there will be enough negative feedback (outrage) to convince the Sabres they made a huge mistake. Unfortunately, I have the feeling management chose this because it "tested well," and they think it'll sell the most merchandise. What age group are they aiming at- 5 to 10 yr olds? That group doesn't exactly have the disposal income to buy a $100 plus hockey jersey.

Please let us hope there's enough time to stop this Buff-yellow in it's tracks.

That age group you mention is the age group that most marketers target. The reason they don't they are being targeted. They see and think it's cool they then go nag their parents forever or until their parents eventually buy it for them in order to shut them up.

Archived