Raptors to change home jerseys

CC97

During a visit at the Air Canada Centre store I noticed all the white and purple Raptor jerseys were 60% off... after chatting with a staff member I learned that the Raptors will indeed be getting a new home jersey with all the purple removed, replaced with black and silver.

No alternate jersey planned.

This was long speculated but I dont think we ever were able to confirm it until now.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That team needs to change their name and just have a whole new look. Ditch the Carter, Stoudemire era with the purple crap.

:D

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

During a visit at the Air Canada Centre store I noticed all the white and purple Raptor jerseys were 60% off... after chatting with a staff member I learned that the Raptors will indeed be getting a new home jersey with all the purple removed, replaced with black and silver.

This was long speculated but I dont think we ever were able to confirm it until now.

Yep, the Raptors are officially ruined. Not like they weren't heading down that path to begin with.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

Yep, the Raptors are officially ruined. Not like they weren't heading down that path to begin with.

I guess you haven't been paying much attention to the NBA then. The Raptors just had the number 1 overall pick and today traded for TJ Ford. There also removing the purple. But to you that means there runied

FINALLY! Now all they need to do is swap out the red for blue and drop the black and they will finally get accepted by the Toronto sports community!!!!

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Hey! Hold on a minute! what year are you living in? Isiah Thomas is now running the Knicks! :D

I saw, I came, I left.

Its a good thing they are changing. They are entering a new era with Bargnani as the #1 pick, so they should change uniforms. However I'm not sure if I like that they are switching purple with black and silver. Do we really need another team to wear black (when they don't really have to). I guess I'll have to see the actual design tough. I do hope they keep the red jerseys, I did like them. Well, I was planning on buying a Bargnani jersey (in a couple years, if he shows that he is not a flop). Hopefully I'll still want to after the change.

FINALLY! Now all they need to do is swap out the red for blue and drop the black and they will finally get accepted by the Toronto sports community!!!!

One thing will get them recognized by the Toronto sports community. A consistently competetive and entertaining team. Not a uniform.

Toronto area sports fans are so quick to judge because of the large media outlet here.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

I got this from another board. They are ditching the purple road uni's and making the red ones their new road uniforms. This is their new alternate.

310040001430f59471.jpg

That's a fashion jersey.

Last year the Raptors made the Red jerseys their official away jerseys and the Purple/Black one was the alternate.

This year all they're doing is ditching the alternate and replacing Purple with black on the homes.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

Why the hate for purple? It's the most hated secondary color, apparently. Even yellow has a larger following.

In a couple years, though, everyone will come to realize how stupid black looks. (Exception: my San Antonio Spurs.)

Archived