Raptors to change home jerseys

CC97

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i heard that the raptors are going to get rid of the main raptor logo and make the foot print with the basketball heel their main logo. they are also ditching the TR maple leaf logo. its strange how they're making their colour scheme more canadian but their getting rid of their most canadian logo. :flagcanada:

I can see the purple in the side the font and the numbers in the jerseys, but when the two guys are posing in the jerseys you cant see it.

That's actually black, not purple.

Looks like orange to me.

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

• 2 weeks later...

parker_jersey_BC_334.jpg

So this is what their new jersey is going to look like? Remind me again how this is unique and a fresh look?

OH YEAH...the F*#&'N HEAT & BULLS use those damn colours...yeah, way to be creative.

joey_334_summerL.jpg

These are a little different, i mean yeah they are practice jersies but black and purple...i could live with that. I only complain because sadly, this is our only canadian basketball team....damn i wish NBA would let Vancouver have one and not sabotage it like they did last time.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

parker_jersey_BC_334.jpg

So this is what their new jersey is going to look like? Remind me again how this is unique and a fresh look?

OH YEAH...the F*#&'N HEAT & BULLS use those damn colours...yeah, way to be creative.

They've been using that jersey for a few years now

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

parker_jersey_BC_334.jpg

joey_334_summerL.jpg

These are a little different, i mean yeah they are practice jersies but black and purple...i could live with that. I only complain because sadly, this is our only canadian basketball team....damn i wish NBA would let Vancouver have one and not sabotage it like they did last time.

you forgot the blazers...... :P

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Are these the Raptors new alt ???

raptorsalternateblack8be.jpg

Is it me or does it look like it was edit in photoshop. (not the red lines and i think i see purple around thge edges )

I'm definitely thinking photoshop, note how the black in the front isn't as dark as the black on the sides.

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

Does anyone know the official rules on changing a logo in the NBA? Would the Raptors be allowed to make the claw their primary logo this season?

It might be too late for them to change their logo in time for this season... but the Raps could definately change their logo for next year.

I think the NBA has rules about waiting 3 years for a logo change.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

So are the Raptors going to have an alternate jersey at all this year?? I know in '03-'04 and '04-'05 the red was the alt and in '05-'06 the purple was the alt. But come on, if you're going to change identities, do it already. The Raptors have slowly and steadily changed. And, personally I like the red that they used last season, though I would prefer that the road jerseys say TORONTO instead of RAPTORS. I know it was like that in the first few seasons after they ditched the jerseys with the big dinosaur on them.

Are these the Raptors new alt ???

raptorsalternateblack8be.jpg

Is it me or does it look like it was edit in photoshop. (not the red lines and i think i see purple around thge edges )

Definately a photoshopped pic. Notice that the NBA logos were also desaturated and are black.

• 2 months later...

So apparently, the new Raptors Jersey will be revealed tomorrow at a golf charity game. This is according to Doug Smith of the Toronto Star.

FASHION SHOW TOMORROW: Ready for the new uniforms?

Wednesday is the day.

The worst kept secret in Raptorland ? that they are getting a new look that dump the purple ? will be made public at the team's charity golf tournament tomorrow at Glen Abbey.

We all have an idea what they look like, red and white with some black, but nothing official until the morning.

Archived