Sick b*****d on eBay

Frylock

That is pretty cool. I'm sure he asked Malarchuk before he made the thing, ya know? I'd buy it if I had 76 dollars to waste.

Why would Malarchuk want some @$$hole to immortalize the moment where he almost died? W hy would Malarchuk want him to make money selling this :censored:?

the story i've always heard was that a doctor came out of the stands and saved him. I don't know if it's true.

According to "Hockey's Book of Firsts" it was Buffalo's trainer Jim Pizzutelli. I think they fired him during the lockout.

<shudders>

Aw man, that reminded me of a video I saw of this incident, from the vantage point of the local station covering the game. (Idk if the link previously posted was it, I didn't feel like watching it again.) You could see the gruesomeness before it, and when they panned out people were literally silent and in shock, and the comentator is in shock as well. That was gruesome, and whoever did this is just a Filthy McNasty. Bleh :mellow:

Why would Malarchuk want some @$$hole to immortalize the moment where he almost died? W hy would Malarchuk want him to make money selling this :censored:?

I don't think he has a choice.

MacFarlane has a contract with the NHLPA and other sports leagues PA's (I think).

Since Malarchuck was once a member of the NHLPA, I think he's fair game even though he's retired. MacFarlane occasionaly creates a series of figures of retired players. My bud has a Patrick Roy figure that was made after retirement.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

MacFarlane has a contract with the NHLPA and other sports leagues PA's (I think).

Since Malarchuck was once a member of the NHLPA, I think he's fair game even though he's retired. MacFarlane occasionaly creates a series of figures of retired players. My bud has a Patrick Roy figure that was made after retirement.

McFarlane has a license with the NHLPA. Therefore, only McFarlane has the "okay" to manufacture current and retired player figures. Some everyday deuchebag cannot start making custom figures and call it legal nor "fair game".

If Malarchuk still gets a pension from the NHLPA and is still associated with the union, then yes, the McFarlane company could produce it...but I don't think they'd make that particular figure.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

McFarlane has a license with the NHLPA. Therefore, only McFarlane has the "okay" to manufacture current and retired player figures. Some everyday deuchebag cannot start making custom figures and call it legal nor "fair game".

If Malarchuk still gets a pension from the NHLPA and is still associated with the union, then yes, the McFarlane company could produce it...but I don't think they'd make that particular figure.

You're both wrong. The NHLPA only covers CURRENT players employed by the NHL and are current, working memebers of the union NHLPA. Once you retire, you are no longer part of the union, that is, unless you're hired by them to join the management. How McFarlane is able to do the Legends series is he goes to each player and signs for their rights of likeness to be produced and to make and keep a profit from it. In the case of those players who are deceassed, they go to the estate of the family for premission to use the likeness of those deceased.

So every legend figure you see from McFarlane, let it be NHL, NBA, MLB or NFL, all those players were approached by the McFarlane team and had their signatures taken to allow McFarlane to produce those individuals as figures. Just think about it - there was no union when Hank Aaron and Babe Ruth played. :P

You were correct with the pension part - most players recieve a pension, but it doesn't mean they are still "properties" of the union, basically, all they do is get their pension from the union and thats all that they do with them.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

You're both wrong. The NHLPA only covers CURRENT players employed by the NHL and are current, working memebers of the union NHLPA. Once you retire, you are no longer part of the union, that is, unless you're hired by them to join the management. How McFarlane is able to do the Legends series is he goes to each player and signs for their rights of likeness to be produced and to make and keep a profit from it. In the case of those players who are deceassed, they go to the estate of the family for premission to use the likeness of those deceased.

So every legend figure you see from McFarlane, let it be NHL, NBA, MLB or NFL, all those players were approached by the McFarlane team and had their signatures taken to allow McFarlane to produce those individuals as figures. Just think about it - there was no union when Hank Aaron and Babe Ruth played. :P

You were correct with the pension part - most players recieve a pension, but it doesn't mean they are still "properties" of the union, basically, all they do is get their pension from the union and thats all that they do with them.

That does make sense. Thanks neon.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

<shudders>

Aw man, that reminded me of a video I saw of this incident, from the vantage point of the local station covering the game. (Idk if the link previously posted was it, I didn't feel like watching it again.) You could see the gruesomeness before it, and when they panned out people were literally silent and in shock, and the comentator is in shock as well. That was gruesome, and whoever did this is just a Filthy McNasty. Bleh :mellow:

According to your description, it was pretty close.

Anyways, it shows how there are some things that can stop fights and make even the toughest people squeamish.

Nobody should buy that.

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - est. 2006 

And the jerkstore who made this just won today's award for "Worst Person In The World" on Countdown with Keith Olbermann. I'll drink to that.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived