Who Would You Retract?

fonz

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my choices for hockey contraction are based soley on geography and that ridiculous bug logo.

ya know they dont use the bug logo anymore.

But they did. And to me, that counts. It shows a scandalous lack of respect for your sport and your league.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

my choices for hockey contraction are based soley on geography and that ridiculous bug logo.

But they did. And to me, that counts. It shows a scandalous lack of respect for your sport and your league.

.... and yet you use the bug logo for your sig? :D

I saw, I came, I left.

.... and yet you use the bug logo for your sig? :D

Don't think the irony isn't lost on me.

However, it's a defunct logo killing off another terrible, ill-advised team identity. I'm just looking to spread some karma.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

It sad how the Carolina Hurricanes won a championship but have been infamous for horrible attendence by their fans.

...Says the man whose franchise placed 28th, 30th, 26th, 23rd, and 24th in attendance in the previous 5 NHL seasons... :rolleyes:

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

It sad how the Carolina Hurricanes won a championship but have been infamous for horrible attendence by their fans.

...Says the man whose franchise placed 28th, 30th, 26th, 23rd, and 24th in attendance in the previous 5 NHL seasons... :rolleyes:

Lol, hey, we did sell out our first few years! However, I would like to see more support for our team though. Unfortunately, I live too far away to boost their ticket sales, haha.

Contract all the teams that draw low television ratings

If that's the case, the only teams left will be the Red Sox and Yankees, because that's all ESPN ever shows.

139775815_cc7da57bca_o.jpg

Lol, hey, we did sell out our first few years! However, I would like to see more support for our team though. Unfortunately, I live too far away to boost their ticket sales, haha.

That's why if you contract in the NHL merge the Kings & the Ducks--and delete a team in the East.

(Or add a new one in the west)

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Contract all the teams that draw low television ratings

There goes the NHL in America.

If I was asked this question 5 years ago or so, my answer would be easy. But my answers would have been the teams that have won the last two Stanley Cups. Do they deserve a team based on their attendance figures? Maybe; maybe not. Did their fans just jump on the bandwagon once they realized that their teams were doing well? I have no idea. But I will say that they were two helluva teams. Those of you in the Southeastern division should be proud.

There goes the NHL in America.

If I was asked this question 5 years ago or so, my answer would be easy. But my answers would have been the teams that have won the last two Stanley Cups. Do they deserve a team based on their attendance figures? Maybe; maybe not. Did their fans just jump on the bandwagon once they realized that their teams were doing well? I have no idea. But I will say that they were two helluva teams. Those of you in the Southeastern division should be proud.

...and for those south of the border, we would contract the six Canadian teams. You know how many times I saw Ottawa on ESPN/ESPN2/FOX/NBC/OLN in the past 5 years outside of the playoffs? 2 times. And one of those times was during Lemieux's (second) comeback tour. The other time? OLN this past season. Other than Toronto or Vancouver getting the occasional game on ESPN2, Canuskistani teams were nowhere to be found outside of local TV in the States.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

well this looks like the key to opening pandora's box..... :rolleyes:

how soon before just about every canadian here lists every NHL team in a warm-climate or southern city?

and just hear about everyone saying move the Coyotes back to Winnipeg

That will NEVER happen!

• 1 year later...
i'd contract all sports teams in the cities of buffalo, san jose, and phoenix. B)

Wow. You're heartless.

I would contract all teams in Texas except for the Mavs and Spurs. So there.

Actually, I would like to contract the following teams:

NHL:

Nashville Predators

Atlanta Thrashers

Florida Panthers

Columbus BlueJackets

NFL:

San Diego Chargers

Tennessee Titans

Jacksonville Jaguars

Arizona Cardinals

MLB:

Tampa Bay Devil Rays

Arizona Diamondbacks

Kansas City Royals

Colorado Rockies

NBA:

Atlanta Hawks

Los Angeles Clippers

Golden State Warriors

Charlotte Bobcats

There's a pretty obvious northeast bias here, and guilty as charged. I'm not a hardcore hockey fan, so my choices for hockey contraction are based soley on geography and that ridiculous bug logo.

I was going to list the Marlins because I don't think that they are good for baseball. I don't like that they spend money to win the Series and then go into a five-year financial draught. I don't think they build their teams correctly. However, thay have a lot more World Series championships in the past ten years than most teams, so they of course must be doing something right. The real shame is that the 2003 team was very likeable and I'm upset it was broken up as soon as it was.

Otherwise, I think the 92 and 98 expansions were bad for baseball. I don't think a championship team is possible in either Denver or St. Petersburg, and if that can't happen, what's the point of keeping the team around? The Diamondbacks won in 2001, of course, in what was one of my least favorite World Series of all time. I think their uniforms are ugly, their logos terrible, and the team name stupid. I think they tried to ape tradition instead of build it and now they're a mess.

As far as the NBA is concerned, the Warriors, Clips and Hawks mostly don't show any interest in building winning teams. They should therefore be contracted. Basketball may work in Charlotte the second time around, but I don't see how. I'd like that team and its by-far-the-worst-in-pro-sports uniforms completely disappeared.

You want heartlessness?

Here you go:

NFL:

Oakland Raiders

Arizona Cardinals

Tennessee Titans

New England Patriots

MLB:

New York Yankees

Boston Red Sox

Los Angeles Dodgers

San Francisco Giants

NBA:

New York Knicks

Charlotte Bobcats

Seattle Supersonics

Los Angeles Clippers

NHL:

New York Islanders

Carolina Hurricanes

Nashville Predators

Dallas Stars

Definitely the Cubs. They play in the second biggest market and consistently have one of the largest payrolls in the majors, yet haven't won a World Series in almost a century. Both teams named after hosiery have been able to overcome their "curses" in recent years... they're out of excuses.

As far as the NBA is concerned, the Warriors, Clips and Hawks mostly don't show any interest in building winning teams. They should therefore be contracted. Basketball may work in Charlotte the second time around, but I don't see how. I'd like that team and its by-far-the-worst-in-pro-sports uniforms completely disappeared.

Huh? I got you on the Hawks, but you lost me on the Warriors. Did you see the Coliseum during the W's playoff run last season? Absolutely packed to the gills. The Warriors are a team that have a loyal and paying fanbase, they sell out nightly - regardless of playoff contention (which, admittedly, ain't much).

Frankly, I could name at least a few other franchises more deserving of the axe than the W's (i'm lookin at the Hawks, Magic, Hornets, and Bobcats).

But, if we're talking about the one team I feel that could be contracted, across the big four leagues with no noticeable affect on fans or its league, it would have to be the Tampa Bay Rays. Utterly nondescript franchise that should have never been greenlit in the first place.

If you could retract one team from any of the professional sports leagues, who would it be and why? Your reasons could be anything you want, like a poor fanbase, losing ways, poor management, even ugly jerseys! Up to you...

Ya, I agree!

If you could retract one team from any of the professional sports leagues, who would it be and why? Your reasons could be anything you want, like a poor fanbase, losing ways, poor management, even ugly jerseys! Up to you...

Ya, I agree!

Thanks for responding to a quote that is over 14 months old.... now back to whatever is was you were doing before that...

I saw, I came, I left.

Archived