Reds make dumbest trade in history.

floydnimrod

The Reds will win 60 games this year, they have other players they can bring into the lineup and majewski is a great addition. I don't know much about Bray except that in his last 10 games his ERA is 1.64.

The Reds lineup could look similar to this

LF Adam Dunn

CF Ken Griffey Jr

RF Chris Denorfia(AAA, and was All-Star batting .347 at the break)

3B Edwin Encarnacion

SS Brandon Phillips

2B Ryan Freel

1B Scott Hatteberg

C Ross/Valentin/LaRue

I don't get it. Aren't Felipe Lopez and Austin Kearns good? I don't have a clue who those other guys are, except for Royce Clayton. Hasn't Royce Clayton not been good since, I don't know, 1998?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Ive never heard of any of those National players. I know Cincy usually falls apart after the All Star Break but now they are going to be even worse without Kearns and Lopez

Signature intentionally left blank

I am sad to hear that they traded Kearns. Felipe Lopez I can live without. He was a no hustle player who did nothing but make errors at key moments in games since he's been in Cincinnati. But Kearns, why Kearns? I've never known the Reds to be a second half team and that trend will most likely continue after this deal.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Reds get:

RHP Gary Majewski, LHP Bill Bray, SS Royce Clayton, IF Brendan Harris and RHP Daryl Thompson

Nationals get:

OF Austin Kearns, SS Felipe Lopez and RHP Ryan Wagner

What the :censored: is this :censored:? 40 yr old short stop in exchange for one of the best young shortstops in the game? Pitchers that wont help one bit for Wagner and Kearns, in which Kearns was having a great season?

There went the playoffs.

I don't like this trade, but I have to defend ownership and GM Wayne Krivsky here.

Believe Bob Castellini wants to win, Since his first day on the job as Reds' owner he has instilled a winning attitude.

Wayne Krivsjy said in his Press Conference that he knows this will anger the fans and that he expects to get some nasty messages on his office phone. But he said that you have to give up something to get something. He said he gulped when he made the trade but believes the team is better now. Right now Krivsky is a genious. His moves have truned out remarkably wel so far(Esteban Yan, maybe not) but he has brought in Brandon Phillips and David Ross, who he got both for PTBN. And now look at Ross and Phillips. If they were on the All Star ballot both of them were worthy of getting in.

This is as bad a trade as we may see all year. It's not so much about the talent involved (although the Reds got bent over pretty good) as it is about how much this trade will screw up Cincy's chemistry. I think they had the team to take a run at the wildcard in a very weak NL. Why they messed with a team that was playing well above expectations is beyond me. It's not like they were a serious threat to win it all so why not leave the team alone and try to add to it next year? They panicked and Bowden pounced on the deal. Bad bad move by The Reds. Hello third place (if you're lucky) Cincy fans.

BB52Big.jpg

Archived