Hornets Uniform Concept

oubr39

chris paul looks like oliver miller. he needs a diet. honestly though, the side panels on these jerseys look way too busy, and dont even remind me of a hornets nest. maybe if the lines werent a solid thick color, but were like sewn into the jersey or something, then it could work. i dont know how to represent that on a computer concept, but i think it could be done. i do not like black and gold for the hornets. just because they are in NO doesnt means they have to use saints colors. the wordmark and numbers look nice, but IMO everything else needs to be rethought.

Where others see gold, I see brass. Brass isn't a bad idea since the Yellow-Green-Purple mardi-gras pallette has become a comodity. I like having a patern on the side panel, but it doesn't look like a net or a honeycomb so much as a basket.

137967009_693820d686_o.jpg

Ditto on what everyone esle has said about the side panels. Could you post a larger version of the recolored logo?

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

Not too shabby for a first go.

I gotta that the side panels need to be changed. I'd also try and make the wordmark bigger and the front numeral smaller. The number is already the focus on the back of the jersey, so I'd try to balance it out by having the wordmark emphasized on the front.

Speaking of the front number, I'd switch it up from Impact. But that's just me. I just don't like Impact. It gets overused. There are so many other unique and interesting typefaces out there.

:welcome:

first of all i'd like to :welcome: you to CCSLC and i see your a talented artist way better than me sometimes i make horrible concepts but this dosent say NO/OKC hornets to me.

i love the concept but those colors just dont go with/pay tribute to new orleans and mardi gras to me that would look much better with the name georgia tech om the front

ATL

The Hornet looks dope with those colo(u)rs. Post a larger one please. The Jersey just seems a bit plain. I don't know if it's just the template or what, but it's just missing that usually NBA "flair" (for lack of a better term). I don't think a damn near solid gold jersey is going to work. The failed Spurs and Mavs alts stand as a testament to the debacle that is metallic colo(u)red dazzle fabric.

As for the side panels, it's totally reminiscent of a wicker chair my grandmother used to have on her porch!

Oh, where are my manners?!

:welcome:

May your stay be long and enjoyable.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

thanks for all the feedback guys and i understand all of the comments and how it would make it look better...and here is the bigger logo in black and gold that someone asked for (its still kind of small because i only made it as an avatar for another forum)

hornetsavatar2.gif

Archived