Best Logo in NBA

theone28

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Stop with the homerism!

213.gif

Classic look, updated with colors. Doesn't try to look all "hip" or anything.

221.gif

There's a reason it's been around for forty years. It's bold, fierce, and clean without being overly "edgy".

233.gif

Clean, crisp, without too many colors.

Noteable mentions go to: Nets, Sonics

what he said... These have been each team's respective logo forever. There is a reason for that.

I obviously really like the Jazz (one of the few who actually liked the most recent change). Along with them, I like the Cavs, Grizzlies, T'Wolves, Nets, and Blazers.

Although not my favorite, I also really liked the Jazz updated logo. It no longer screams "over-the-top 90's logo"

My NBA favs include Cav's, Pistons, Grizzlies, and Celtics

<homer response> Lakers! </homer response>

Seriously, though, I'm a big fan of the Spurs, Heat, T'wolves and Grizzlies logos.

As for logos I don't care for as much, Mavs (the maverick's head looks a tad scrunched in the logo), Warriors (where exactly is the "warrios" in that logo, it looks like an iron man), and the new Bucks logo (red and green is good for Christmas, bad for everything else)

Lakers???

They have no logo. They are the LA Wordmarks. Just like the Pistons are the Detroit Wordmarks.

I asked a relative of mine, who is a huge lakers fan, what the Lakers logo looked like. He looked puzzled as he was thinking and said. "They don't have one, they just use Lakers spelled out".

I know , I know, each of their respective wordmarks are considered their logos because they are superimposed on top of basketballs.......but to me they are just wordmarks.

Since that is the way some NBA teams go I guess the new logo I created for the Lakers should be a great one and win awards. I illustrated it below. What do you think?

LAKERS

my favourite primarys are the cavs, warriors,mavs, bucks, and grizzlies. my favourite alts are the cavs (flag), warriors (warrior head), lakers (L on b-ball),bucks (antlers), celtics (clover w/wordmark), suns (PHX on b-ball),and nuggets (crossed pick axes) but the worst by far is the bobcats.

My favourites are the Heat, T'Wolves, Griz and Bulls (with the Bulls out in front).

Worst logos going around - 76ers (too busy), Mavs (too busy), Wizards (how anyone can argue that the Bobcats look is worse that this is WAY beyond me ... the Wiz logo is simply HORRIBLE).

Richmond.pngCanucks-1.png49ers-1.pngMariners-2.png

Thanks to Gobbi for the awesome buttons!

Both of these were great!! :grin:

logo_Sonics.gif

sonics_logo_75.jpg

Go-go Capitalized Arial?

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

If the Raptors are going to go with the "Claw" than I hope they make it something like this.

torontoraptorsjf7.png

agreed, but it would look 10x better with the claw above the wordmark, as opposed to below it. I wouldn't be surprised to see this kinda thing in the future, the team is basically all through with purple.

Bulls, by far. Honorable mention to the Wolves and Spurs (great upgrade from their fiesta colors logo). Special mention to the Sixers, a guilty pleasure of mine (although I agree with those that say they should have a blue or red away jersey and ditch the black)

sportsbanner-single.jpg

Archived