Alternate helmet colors

Botiger

These are much better than the nfc west ones. I really like all 3 saints helmets and the red falcons one. I think you should do more of them on players, like the Deuce McAllister with the white helmet. I wasn't sure about the white saints helmet until I seen it on someone, it makes it look much better. It also helps, because you can see what they look like with the rest of the uniform. I am looking forward to seeing the rest of the conferences.

MegatronSig2.jpg

Why didn't the Saints think of a black helmet back in 1969? Oh, they did. B)

From helmethut.com:

"In 1969 Saints owner John Mecom Jr. Wanted a new look for his team's third NFL season. Since their inception, the Saints had worn beautiful gold numerals on white or black jerseys, gold pants and gold helmets with a black fleur de lis symbol on each side. But they were about to make the most controversial and short-lived uniform change in their history. For the 1969 pre-season, Mecom sent his troops out wearing black helmets with a gold fleur de lis on each side. It was a mistake. To begin with, Mecom had failed to register the black helmets with NFL office. The league's entire line of merchandise represented the Saints with gold helmets, so the league wouldn't license the black helmets. Faced with pressure from the league office, and poor fan response, Mecom quickly decided to scrub the idea. He found himself with a locker room full of black Saints helmets. At the time, the NFL was still operating a type of farm system as feeders for NFL clubs. The Saints' farm team was the Richmond Roadrunners, coached by J.D. Roberts, who in 1970's would replace Tom Fears, becoming the Saints' second head coach. Mecom shipped the entire batch of black helmets to Richmond, and the Saints were back in their familiar gold helmets for the 1969 opener against Washington."

69saints1.jpg

blacksaint.jpg

They're pretty cool looking, and it would be awesome today to have a metallic gold for the fleur-de-lis, either sparky like the helmets or a mirror-like mylar-esque style.

Didn't think I'd like the white version but the pic of Deuce looks good.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Atlanta- red helmet, but you could add the white-black-white stripe scheme that the Falcons used before going to black helmets.

Carolina- the blue helmets are awesome

New Orleans- black would be good, however, you could go with the proposed 1969 style helmet, however, that would look too similar to the Missouri Tigers helmets.

Tampa Bay- keep the pewter. At least you didn't go with the original Florida orange.

Atlanta Braves, please bring back the Indian Head logo.

Archived