Black Texas football jerseys

illini1

I was watching the Texas scrimmage on Fox College Sports. All of the players were wearing practice jerseys except for the quarterback. He was wearing a black jersey. At first I thought it was just a practice jersey in a different color so he wouldn't get hit, but when the did a close up of him I saw it was a game jersey. It had the stripes on the sleeves and the patches that the regular game jerseys have. Have they worn these in a game in the past? Are they going to be wearing them this year?

That's the QB jersey. Most teams have red QB jerseys, some have green QB jerseys, the Longhorns have black QB jerseys because Vince Young wanted to wear it, apparently. As they are practice jerseys, don't look forward to seeing these in a game any time soon, although Vince Young heavily campaigned for it while he was there.

That's the QB jersey. Most teams have red QB jerseys, some have green QB jerseys, the Longhorns have black QB jerseys because Vince Young wanted to wear it, apparently. As they are practice jerseys, don't look forward to seeing these in a game any time soon, although Vince Young heavily campaigned for it while he was there.

This was not a practice jersey. I saw the other jerseys the players were wearing. They were the basic practice jersey. They were white and orange. They were very plain. They did not look anything like their game jerseys. The quarterback jersey however looked exactly like their game jersey. They had the same fit, the same stripes on the sleeves, it said Texas on the front, and even had the Big 12 patch on the front (the same patch most NCAA teams wear with the appropriate conference name). Nike apparently made these for Texas to wear in games, but they have not worn them as of yet.

This was not a practice jersey. I saw the other jerseys the players were wearing. They were the basic practice jersey. They were white and orange. They were very plain. They did not look anything like their game jerseys. The quarterback jersey however looked exactly like their game jersey. They had the same fit, the same stripes on the sleeves, it said Texas on the front, and even had the Big 12 patch on the front (the same patch most NCAA teams wear with the appropriate conference name). Nike apparently made these for Texas to wear in games, but they have not worn them as of yet.

are you asking us, or telling us?

those are the quarterback practice jerseys, at this time. they have never worn them in a game, nor have they announced any plans to wear them in the future.

anything beyond that is purely speculation.

exactly what he said.

mccoy_snead_081606_300.jpg

newsig.jpg

exactly what he said.

mccoy_snead_081606_300.jpg

Those are not the same jerseys that the quarterbacks wore in the scrimmage. They are missing the Big 12 patches and the sleeve stripes. I'm not saying they're going to wear them or have worn them in the past. I'm just saying that Nike has apparently made black game jerseys for them to wear if they wanted to. I wish I could find pics of the scrimmage.

Those are not the same jerseys that the quarterbacks wore in the scrimmage.  They are missing the Big 12 patches and the sleeve stripes.  I'm not saying they're going to wear them or have worn them in the past.  I'm just saying that Nike has apparently made black game jerseys for them to wear if they wanted to.  I wish I could find pics of the scrimmage.

Take a look at page two of the thread I posted above.

07ld.jpg

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

Those are not the same jerseys that the quarterbacks wore in the scrimmage.  They are missing the Big 12 patches and the sleeve stripes.  I'm not saying they're going to wear them or have worn them in the past.  I'm just saying that Nike has apparently made black game jerseys for them to wear if they wanted to.  I wish I could find pics of the scrimmage.

Take a look at page two of the thread I posted above.

07ld.jpg

That's exactly what I saw. Thanks.

Vince Young wanted to wear it, apparently.

Exactly why 18-22 year old athletes should be given exactly ZERO say in team uniform choices. For more information, see "Oregon, retina damage caused by".

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

are you asking us, or telling us?

those are the quarterback practice jerseys, at this time. they have never worn them in a game, nor have they announced any plans to wear them in the future.

anything beyond that is purely speculation.

They've worn them for a while, before Vince got there. VY just wanted to wear them in games. He was informed that it wasn't going to happen.

They're not game uniforms, they are the established QB practice jerseys. Texas won't wear black as long as Darrell Royal breathes, and probably not after that. The other thread covers it. Royal (the Dean Smith of Texas football) flipped out when Reebok added black trim to the coach's apparel back in the mid 90's.

Texas wears screened numbers on their game uniforms anyway, not twill. They are not Nike game uniforms, no matter how different they look.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Vince Young wanted to wear it, apparently.

Exactly why 18-22 year old athletes should be given exactly ZERO say in team uniform choices. For more information, see "Oregon, retina damage caused by".

Exactly. Those things look HIDEOUS!

UT would never wear something like that in a game. Ever.

in-texas-qbs.jpg

Yeah, it doesn't really fit with the white helmet and pants. Texas' all white set is perfection, and that's coming from someone who loathes the all white (helmet, jersey, pants, socks, shoes) look.

What's funny though is that while McCoy's (right) looks like a game jersey, Jevan Snead's (left) clearly looks like a black practice jersey.

I think we know who the starter is going to be. It's the guy with the cooler jersey!

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Archived