New sports team coming to Rockford

Dilbert

Raptors Owner Expanding Professional Sports in Rockford

08/22/06 Rockford, IL - The Rock River Raptors of the United Indoor Football league (UIF) will be holding a press conference on Wednesday, August 23, at 2:00 p.m. at Sportscore 1, 100 Elmwood, Rockford, Ill.

The Raptors Organization will be "officially" introducing Lowe Entertainment Inc. as our new ownership base. Lowe Entertainment Inc. is solely owned by attorney Robert Lowe P.C. and was created to support multiple sport entities in the Rock River area.

Lowe will talk more about his plans to broaden the sport spectrum of Lowe Entertainment and what "New" team he is bringing into Rockford this fall.

Tom Crow, general manager of the Rock River Raptors, and Lowe Entertainment will be introducing the "New" product to the Rockford Area as well as the general manager that will be driving the new team.

Well lets see

RiverHawks(baseball)

IceHogs(hockey)

Raptors(indoor football)

Im clueless as to what it may be.

Signature intentionally left blank

Might it be Indoor Soccer in that AISL or UISL or whatever.

I don't mean The MISL, that the Storm is in. There is some other "new" indoor league. It seems to be on a less scale than the MISL. Although, Detroits team will play in 3,000 seat Compuware Arena.

I think Cincy, and Massachusetes has a team.

Resurrecting basketball?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Might it be Indoor Soccer in that AISL or UISL or whatever.

I don't mean The MISL, that the Storm is in. There is some other "new" indoor league. It seems to be on a less scale than the MISL. Although, Detroits team will play in 3,000 seat Compuware Arena.

I think Cincy, and Massachusetes has a team.

Yeah Cincy and Massachusetts have teams in the AISL.

The AISL has five teams for the 2006-07 season

The Massachusetts Twisters, Memphis MOJO, New York Empire, Rockford Thunder, and the defending champions-The Cincinnati Excite.

I also noticed the AISL has a new logo. you can see the old one at the top right of the page and the new one in the middle below.

http://www.aisl.org/

Signature intentionally left blank

the mojo logo looks familiar...OH THAT'S RIGHT....it's the old Vancouver Voodoo of Roller Hockey International...with the "V" turned upside down...and duplicated to make an "M" shape.

ridiculously creative.

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

Well lets see

RiverHawks(baseball)

IceHogs(hockey)

Raptors(indoor football)

Don't forget Phantom Regiment :P

Robbed of a world championship this year because they didn't dance enough for the 14-year-old girls.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

If I had a team in Rockford, I'm call it the Files...

And they can play all of their home games at the Rockford Gym...

:rolleyes:

Would that plan Garner much support--or would it be a bit Rocky?

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Raptors Owner Expanding Professional Sports in Rockford

08/22/06 Rockford, IL - The Rock River Raptors of the United Indoor Football league (UIF) will be holding a press conference on Wednesday, August 23, at 2:00 p.m. at Sportscore 1, 100 Elmwood, Rockford, Ill.

The Raptors Organization will be "officially" introducing Lowe Entertainment Inc. as our new ownership base. Lowe Entertainment Inc. is solely owned by attorney Robert Lowe P.C. and was created to support multiple sport entities in the Rock River area.

Lowe will talk more about his plans to broaden the sport spectrum of Lowe Entertainment and what "New" team he is bringing into Rockford this fall.

Tom Crow, general manager of the Rock River Raptors, and Lowe Entertainment will be introducing the "New" product to the Rockford Area as well as the general manager that will be driving the new team.

Well lets see

RiverHawks(baseball)

IceHogs(hockey)

Raptors(indoor football)

Im clueless as to what it may be.

What about Lightning (basketball) ?

Archived