New hockey movie coming soon

Notch Novelty

I think Chris' point is this and by all means CC correct me if I am wrong...

The major film industry is influenced by the American public... mainly because thats where the big money is so thats where they gear the movies towards unless its inevitable... for instance a movie with a very american theme say "Air Force One" would not have done well in the states if it was about the Canadian Prime Minister.. so really if it was written about good ol' JC (and I mean Jean Cretien not Jesus Christ) it wouldnt have gotten out of the written phase let alone, a world wide audience like Air Force One did...

so basically we are saying there is very few "Canadian" theme movies or TV shows... there can be an argument for British themes but still most europen actors speak in an "accent" to get into american films anyway (ie Colin Farrel)

Not that I am complaining its not like we have a huge film industry out here... I think the last Canadian movie to do really well was "Porky's"

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What's your point Chris??????????

If you don't want to see it than don't see it, works too. If I was making a movie about USA '80 team I would want Americans to see it and not some upset Canadian.

See GMac's post... that's my point, and it's an excellent point.  Why should the world have to watch what the U.S. wants to watch, we have to deal with all the crap to get the movies filmed, why can't we have one directed to us for a change?

Isn't 150 movies a year about you enough?

I just want 1.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

If Canadian Movies end up like Canadian Made eductaional films then the world is being done a favor.

I can't argue with that one!

I think we actually came out with a movie that was fairly big here at home, first time I've ever seen a canadian movie trailer.  that was this past summer, it looked like a typical big budget film, i forget the name tho.

I guess we can only afford one every 20 years, after the Porky's series we ran out of cash  :o

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

We watched an education film from Canada in Chemistry, and it was about atoms bonding, and they acted like the atoms were people, and lets just they didn't hold back on how to imply "bonding". Made for a good laugh or six though.

ATOM BOND!

That was hilarious... back in grade 10 science... ahhh memories. If I remember correctly, it was supposed to be James Bond meets Education Chemistry movie meets computer animation.

Anyway, Chris, i think the movie you're talking about is Foolproof.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

i think the summit series was a bigger accomplishment then the 1980 usa victory. why? canada had to battle the top team in the world at the time (the ussr for those yankees who probabbly never heard of the summit series) for 8 games, and won.

also who did canada beat to win the gold in men's hockey?

usa

who did canada beat to win the gold in women's hockey?

usa

enough said.

ps-an air force one type movie with JC would be awsome. maby have the hijackers be from quebec.

American college kids who most of which would never sniff the NHL? or Canadians who were pro's when they came out of the womb?

1980 is the biggest sports upset of all time. Of that there is no doubt. It's too bad the Olympics have no relevance anymore... the 2002 Winter Olympics were good, except the wrong team ended up winning the gold...  :;):  :P

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Handful of guys from that 80's team made the NHL. 2002 Olympics is garbage because of professionals playing. Summit Series was a 8 game series when Canada and USSR were about equal. USSR was clearly better than USA and they beat those guys who already beat 'em by 10, 3 months earlier. Now that's a upset. ESPN even said it was a biggest upset of all-time! 1980 Olympic movie will be interesting and will make money. Other than a few diehard hockey fans in US and Canada, no one will go see it.

I'd have to disagree about it being the biggest upset of all time...my choice would be Chaminade over #1 Virginia in 1982 (I think).

Your kidding? That isn't even in the Top 250 upsets of all time... blech...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I'd have to disagree about it being the biggest upset of all time...my choice would be Chaminade over #1 Virginia in 1982 (I think).

Your kidding? That isn't even in the Top 250 upsets of all time... blech...

Well according to the readers of ESPN, it's ranked #7.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Archived