National Team Uniforms

StefOn

USA (invited by IFAF)

Japan (HOST NATION)

Germany (won a qualifying match against Denmark)

Sweden (European Champion)

Two mort slots will go to European or Asia-Oceania

There have already been two world cups with Japan winning both. Mexico was the runner up both times and this is America's first appearence.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@ all: thanks for the C & C, glad most of you guys like the uniforms.

Regarding the Germany uniforms... Trust me, a alt in Feldgrau (Military uniform color) and "old" numbers will not work. Today's Germany has nothing to do with the guys that ruled 50+ years ago.

Regarding the language: The Germans have "Deutschland" below the collar, Austria is wearing "Austria" on the actual numbers right now. This is also the latin word for my country and a noone has a problem with it.

The italy alternates: Yeah, they are not my best work. They are inspired by uniforms the italian flag football team wears. They wear a white jersey, Broncos-style with red and green.

I'll post seeral more sets soon...

Fledgrau is not something exclusive to the various dictatorial regimes. It's a color that was used from German unification all the way up until today. If you ask somebody to make an association to Germany, I think that more often than not it's going to be the Iron Cross; in which case the feldgrau as a tetriary color makes sense. However, if you really don't want to use feldgrau, I beg you to choose either red or orange and stick to it.

EDIT: May I play around with the German uniforms some?

cttdolphins2.png

Here are a few new nations...

@ Frywulf: Of course, go ahead! I encourage everyone interrested to come up with their own ideas or possible improvements.

Kazakhstan

I always loved their hockey uniforms.

kazakhstan.gif

Slovenia

Before everyone jumps at me: I know the slovenian colors are white, red and blue. BUT: Some slovenian national teams play in green. (Basketball, Soccer, ...)

The slovenian soccer team had a pretty similar set a couple of years back.

slovenia.gif

Scotland

Rather simple design for the Bravehearts, but my ideas for an alternate turned out to be not good looking.

scotland.gif

Sweden

The set I like best. The funny helmet is actually used by the federation, that's why I keept it. I updated the rest of the federation logo though. Funny fact: The SAFF's president is Tommy Wiking.

sweden.gif

Kazakhstan is great, and you get 1000 points for Sweden, but the rest of the new batch just doesn't sit right with me. The underline above the number on Slovenia's jersey seems unnecessary, and Scotland's helmet just looks weird. Other than that, though, great job so far.

sportslogosavatarb.jpgsportslogosavatara.jpg

USA football has already set up a national team and it's not all amatuers. There are players from some indoor football teams as well as semi-pro teams. The national team that will compete in the 2007 IFAF World Championship of American Football will consist of college football players who played their senior season in 2006.

If the USA is always beaten in international basketball, does that mean that Canada can be World Champions in football?

Great job on all of these. Love the Swedish and Kazakh designs. I"m in agreement that the 3 crowns should be put on the Swedish helmet. I don't like the underline for the nameplate on the Slovenian uniform. And for the Kazakhstan, i think you should have the Eagle facing towards the front of the helmet. that way it can be representative of the flag flying AND it'd look better if it were facing front i think. Great job overall can't wait to see the rest

Kazakhstan, Sweden, and Germany are three of the best concepts I've seen here in a while. France is quite well done too, but it looks very much like their soccer uniforms, and I just plain don't like France's soccer uniforms.

Scotland isn't working for me at all. But bear in mind that I'm a huge scotiaphile, so I'm bound to be picky.

First off, if you have to write the country name on the national symbol you splash across the helmet, then you've chosen the wrong symbol. Get the letters off the helmet. If it's not clear enough that the white helmet stripes are a saltire, and that a white saltire on blue stands for Scotland, then you need to redesign the helmet or pick a different symbol. There's always the red lion rampant on yellow or the shape of a thistle if you can't make a saltire work on the helmet. (A white three-headed thistle stem, thorny white leaves and all, running from the center back of the helmet up over the top, with one flower centered over the face and one curling around on each side, might be a stronger and more distinctive symbol than the across-the-brow saltire you've got going now.)

The same with the lettering on the away sleeves. It's like the ancient symbol of Scotland is supposed to be the word "Scotland." If using plain blue sleeves or putting the home jersey's saltire on the away sleeves bores you, then use a lion rampant or a thistle. A white, possibly stylized or abstract thistle design would be a terrific symbol for a Scottish American football team, and a nice way to differentiate the American football team from the soccer team, which wears mainly blue and white but uses the red lion rampant on yellow as its crest.

Which is all assuming you don't want to use any hints of plaid. ^_^

20082614447.png

@ epper: Wait till you see my Ukraine set ;-) I had that guy in mind when I started it.

@ BallWonk: Thanks for the input, I'll see what I can do here.

Regarding the swedes...

I might add an alt in yellow for Sweden. I originally used the crowns on the helmet but then decided to go with the horns. Reason: The swedish federation has been using the horn for years now and it also seperates them a bit from hockey.

The unis have the crowns on the sleeve however, just in case you overlooked it.

Regarding the swedes...

I might add an alt in yellow for Sweden. I originally used the crowns on the helmet but then decided to go with the horns. Reason: The swedish federation has been using the horn for years now and it also seperates them a bit from hockey.

The unis have the crowns on the sleeve however, just in case you overlooked it.

I'm not Swedish, but I do think your Sweden set one of the best football uniforms I've ever seen. Every time I look at it it grows on me.

I meant to say earlier that on Scotland, I think you got the shade of blue and the overall balance between blue and white just absolutely perfect.

20082614447.png

Archived