White Sox Goin' Green Tonight

TheStoicPaisano

As a Sox fan, I really like the jerseys. It looked a lot better last year when they popped for the green batting helmets. On the plus side, Jim Thome was wearing green socks tonight. I think the look is very good for once a year, but I am content with the Sox' current look.

As for people badmouthing it, Chicago has a huge Irish population. Since St. Patrick's Day falls during Spring Training, the fans can't see their teams wear special jerseys. The White Sox have been doing this promotion for 3-4 years now. The last two years, MLB has been pricks and not scheduled the Sox at home on September 17, although they apparently requested to be at home.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

That can't really be the promotion.

Remember, they did it last year too.

Might not look so bad with a darker shade of green and a black trim instead of white.

I wasn't paying attention last year.

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

That can't really be the promotion.

Remember, they did it last year too.

Might not look so bad with a darker shade of green and a black trim instead of white.

If it's not Kelly Green, it's not Irish enough.

QPR%20Sig.png

it's kind of hard to tell, cause of the bad laptop screen and the colorblindness... but are the pinstripes green, too? cause they should be.

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

What a lame promotion. I suppose someone will be wearing green and red on June 25 next year.

However, I kind of like the jerseys. They look good withe the green hats and would look even better with green pinstripes.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

You go to one of 2 places for St. Patrick's day in America if you want the best experience.

Boston or Chicago.

Baseball is fun. Its one game where they celebrate the Irish population. Big deal. Looks better than the half-assed attempts that everyone pulls out in the spring.

The last two years, MLB has been pricks and not scheduled the Sox at home on September 17, although they apparently requested to be at home.

How DARE they not let you observe your imaginary holiday!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Nope.

Black pinstripes, black batting helmets, black undershirts, black wristbands, and a washed out green.  The entire effect was hideous.  What a lame promotion with half-assed execution.

Pinstripes were green last year. They had a ton of them on sale at the sports store near U.S. Cellular a few days before last year's game. I was wondering why there was such a demand for these, until I saw them wear them a few days later.

Don't know why they'd change that this year, so my guess is the pinstripes are still green.

Thome's socks looked good, but you'd think they could spring for a few green undershirts. Green helmets would have looked better, too, but that's more understandable.

Also, how did the Sox manage to get a one-day cap without New Era splashing their logo all over it? (unlike Padres, etc.)

And as for the pinstripes, not that it's proof, but this eBay listing says "green pinstripes," consistent with what I saw last year:

Sox jersey (Item 110028075137 if link doesn't work)

Nope.

Black pinstripes, black batting helmets, black undershirts, black wristbands, and a washed out green.  The entire effect was hideous.  What a lame promotion with half-assed execution.

Wrong. The pinstripes ARE green. I own one of these badboys.

I don't remember if they had green undershirts last year, but I know they had green wristbands and green batting helmets (although the green was too dark). They did not, however, have green socks last year.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived