Deion Branch Traded to Seahawks

Brian in Boston

:censored:
On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Does this help Jackson by taking attention away from him, or hurt him by taking receptions away from him?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

So...

STARTERS: Branch, Jackson

#3 - Engram - he's great in the slot

#4 - Burleson (wow, number four now?!?!)

Burleson was paid big bucks to produce, and now he's Mr.Irrelevant since Branch, Jackson and Engram will all see the ball more than him (unless DJack goes down like he does about every year)

And to add something, none of those are really redzone threats...none of the four receivers has ever had a 10+ TD season...

So...

STARTERS: Branch, Jackson

#3 - Engram - he's great in the slot

#4 - Burleson (wow, number four now?!?!)

Burleson was paid big bucks to produce, and now he's Mr.Irrelevant since Branch, Jackson and Engram will all see the ball more than him (unless DJack goes down like he does about every year)

And to add something, none of those are really redzone threats...none of the four receivers has ever had a 10+ TD season...

ya i really question that move if your not going to pay 49 for the best guard in the leauge why pay 48 for burlleson who is now the number 4 reciever

I really don't like this move because it involves Brady losing his favorite receiver. I don't think that can be understated. When you develop a certain rapport with your primary receiver, there's something to be said about the way a QB can always turn to that receiver when things are breaking down in the pass protection. In short, Branch was a sort of "comfort balnket" for Brady. Now that he's gone, I still think Brady's a great QB, but there will be some instances (like yesterday's game) where you'll know Brady misses Branch out on the field.

Best of luck in Seatte, Deion. :cry:

im liking this

bout time the hawks start spending some cash

id say now they got some of the best recieving in the NFC.

Is there any doubt the NFC West has the best recievers (and I ignorantly say this without looking at other divisions)?

The 49ers may not have much, but the other three are stacked.

Cardinals: Boldin, Fitzpatrick, Bryant Johnson, Walters

Rams: Holt, Bruce, Curtis, McDonald, Looker

Seahawks: Branch, Jackson, Engram, Burleson, Hackett

Branch doesn't really make the Seahawks a whole lot scarier IMO, but it still improves an already solid WR core on the team and in the division.

I really don't like this move because it involves Brady losing his favorite receiver. I don't think that can be understated. When you develop a certain rapport with your primary receiver, there's something to be said about the way a QB can always turn to that receiver when things are breaking down in the pass protection. In short, Branch was a sort of "comfort balnket" for Brady. Now that he's gone, I still think Brady's a great QB, but there will be some instances (like yesterday's game) where you'll know Brady misses Branch out on the field.

Best of luck in Seatte, Deion. :cry:

It will take a few weeks to get used to it, but eventually someone else will be in the system doing what Branch was doing.

If any QB can handle the change, it would be Brady.

I'll be cheering against Seattle in every game from here on in.

Make that Draft Pick a really good one.

Shame to see Branch go, but I think he's replaceable.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

As a die-hard fan of the Seahawks, I can honestly say that unless Seattle's offensive line play improves dramatically over what was on display in Detroit on Sunday, Matt Hasselbeck isn't going to have the time to complete a pass to any of his receivers... Branch included.

Bottom line? If Seattle shores up it's O-line play, I can see this move being an outstanding one for the 'Hawks.

I think this will help out the Hawks. The receivers are not the tallest and I wish we could have kept Joe Jurevicius too, but you can't say a former SB MVP does not raise your receiver corps to another level. This is experience, leadership and someone you can count on to NOT drop the ball, literally. Go HAWKS!!!

2000Patch.jpg

This is experience, leadership and someone you can count on to NOT drop the ball, literally.

I wouldn't say that so quickly. Branch had a bunch of dropped balls last season...two slipped through his hands against the Chiefs and resulted in INTs. He dropped a drive-continuing catch against the Broncos. Plus, he's injury prone. Don't get me wrong, he's a good receiver, but he's pretty overrated, I think. He's not a red zone threat, and will rarely make a catch if he's double-teamed.

Brady had a hard time in week one because three receivers were out. Branch (obviously), Gabriel, and Chad Jackson weren't even on the field. Once Jackson and Gabriel start playing, Brady is going to put up some numbers again.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

In what world is Deion Branch worth a first round pick? The guy's never even had 1,000 yards or more than 5 TD's.

It's what he was worth to the Pats - and they got it from the Seahawks. So yeah, he was worth a first round pick.

Granted, he came up 2 yards short of 1,000 receiving yards last year, and played in an offensive system which continually spreads the ball amongst its receivers. The TD number is misleading because more often than not, you'll see Brady go to his tight ends and backs on screens in the red zone.

That being said...Branch, if healthy, will have a great season in Seattle, and like their GM said (and I agree whole-heartedly with this philosophy) it's better to get a proven commodity on exchange for a draft pick (unproven commodity).

Archived