Canadian CFL Logos and Names

fonz

The pants would remain unchanged from their current Reebok look (red with a thick black stripe and a thick red stripe, with balck socks).

They used these pants pre-RBK...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

They're all good, except that goofy Montreal one.

What was Winnipeg wearing the other day when they had the gold uniforms on? I don't know if I missed the thread, but it looked a little weird to me.

This is the second season for Winnipeg's alternate jersey. I believe they used them in their season opener as well.

Spoiler

New York Rangers. Stanley Cup Champions - 1928, 1933, 1940, 1994. Saskatchewan. Cold. 1905-2022.

Calgary has the same horse logo as Southern Methodist - in a different color. On this site, the logos both the SMU Mustangs and Calgary Stampeders have a date starting in 1968. Who came up with the logo and who ripped it off? Did they come up with it jointly or steal it from Ford?

The idea to name the Mustang came from Ford exec Lee Iacocca when he went to the 1963 Michigan-SMU game at Ann Arbor. he liked the way the outmanned but plucky Mustangs played and decided the new sporty car they would unveil in 1965 would be called the Mustang. The company even GAVE SMU Coach Hayden Fry one of the first Mustangs to roll off the assembly line -- a nice red one. SMU was also given free use of the galloping Mustang logo, which didn't even go on their helmets until 1968.

FsQiF2W.png

I just noticed that the B.C. Lions logo on their website (in several different places) no longer has the 3 dots representing whiskers. A subtle update but still a change.

I don't know how to post images so here's the link to the Lions website and the archived image from CCSLC for comparison.

http://www.bclions.com/

http://chriscreamer.com/logo.php?lo=1482

zzPEfBm.png

The pants would remain unchanged from their current Reebok look (red with a thick black stripe and a thick red stripe, with balck socks).

Well at least RBK didn't ruin the entire look.

There all classics

Bull :censored:.

The B.C. Lions have needed an overhaul for DECADES.

Like, perhaps, and just to throw this out there, this? And maybe if Saskatchewan wore this... and Toronto used this, maybe then the CFL would look a little better.

Correct, I have no shame. :grin:

The BC and TO logos should defenatly be used.

The Saskatchewan one is good, but I perfer the one they have now, if just soley for teh wrap around on the helmet.

Well at least RBK didn't ruin the entire look.

Just the jerseys, but that's still something to answer for.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

First of i would like to say i hated all of the new cfl jersey when they first came out now a few have grown on me like the argonauts. I just wish they would get rid of the piping. It look stupid and dosen't go with any of the jerseys. Now here is my reviews of the logos

BC: I love the colors but the logo needs some updating. keep the bc in the logo but make the mountaion lion look less happy and more angry.

Calgary: I hate it, A stampede isn't one horse it lots of horses. There no detail in the logo either.

Eskimos: It kinda of a copy of the packers logo but its nice and classic. I love the colors to.

Tiger Cats: Best logo in the CFL. It is a update on a classic logo which is what i like the most about it. I just dont know why one of the tiger cats legs is black and has not stipes.

Saskatchewan: Its okay im not quite sure what a roughrider is so i dont really know what a better logo would be. Maybe Syphi logos would be better.

Toronto: I dont know why they dont use thisLogo

Winnipeg: One of my favorite things about the cfl is that every team has there own colors and no team uses the same colors scheme. Back on topic the Blue Bombers have a nice logo simple and classy.

Alouettes: It look like a minor leauge logo and i hate there jeseys.

Calgary: I hate it, A stampede isn't one horse it lots of horses.

But they are not the Calgary Stampede, but the Stampeders.

So saying a stampede isn't one horse doesn''t apply--the team is named for the Calgary Stampede.

In Calgary talk a Stampeder is someone who goes stampeding--so the name & logo make sense.

DO the Lions have more than one Lion?

The TiCats have more than one TiCat?

etc, etc.

It makes sense.

Saskatchewan needs to drop the black. Period. Completely. I think ReginaCanuck can vouch that I've been a HUGE advocate of this from the get-go.

I was so happy when I saw silver pants on opening day...then they bring out the black pants against Hamilton, destroy them in 2 games, then wear all-black against Winnipeg, and destroy them too. The black will never go away.

The same thing happened last year. They started out wearing silver pants, but for the second half of the season I think they wore the black pants every game. I like the black in the colour scheme because I think it works well as a trim colour, but unfortunately it opens the door for the black pants and jersey, both of which are ugly.

Yah, same thing happened last year.

My gf was a cow mascot for a couple of games, and I got a sideline pass to go and watch, one game silver pants, one game black pants. The silver looks even better right up close, and the black pants look much, much, much worse.

Spoiler

New York Rangers. Stanley Cup Champions - 1928, 1933, 1940, 1994. Saskatchewan. Cold. 1905-2022.

still wondering if anyone knows when B.C. tweaked their logo?

I dunno, but I think William Lyon Mackenzie King was Prime Minister then... ^_^

Oh, you mean the 'dots' tweak? I don't know that either, but that's barely worth mentioning. The Lions are the only team in the CFL that would be better off without a logo rather than what they have now.

nav-logo.png

Calgary has the same horse logo as Southern Methodist - in a different color. On this site, the logos both the SMU Mustangs and Calgary Stampeders have a date starting in 1968. Who came up with the logo and who ripped it off? Did they come up with it jointly or steal it from Ford?

The idea to name the Mustang came from Ford exec Lee Iacocca when he went to the 1963 Michigan-SMU game at Ann Arbor. he liked the way the outmanned but plucky Mustangs played and decided the new sporty car they would unveil in 1965 would be called the Mustang. The company even GAVE SMU Coach Hayden Fry one of the first Mustangs to roll off the assembly line -- a nice red one. SMU was also given free use of the galloping Mustang logo, which didn't even go on their helmets until 1968.

Lee Iaccoa didn't get the name of "Mustang" from the SMU game. It was named and honored after the World War II P-51 Mustang figther plane. It was a sale gimmick by Iaccoa and others at Ford to attract young baby boomers in the early 60's. It's a well known fact among the serious Mustang owners (including myself, hence the name mustangdmg).

"America is between wars and coming off a boom in the 50's. Families are sprouting and getting older. Servicemen and women have settled down and drive family cars. YUK! That's right. Who wants to be the stiff in the station wagon? But no one could afford a "sports car" on their tight budgets. What to do?

Well, Ford's Robert S. McNamara and Lee Iacocca saw that happening and decided to jump on it. The baby-boomers' kids would be driving soon. Ford kicked around some ideas for an affordable sports car. The project was coded T-5. By 1962, the design was set and sent to engineering to figure out how to do it. Some of the names considered: Cheetah, Puma, Thunderbird II, Cougar, Colt, Special Falcon, Torino, and Mustang.

It was no mistake that the strong performace and recongnition of the "Mustang" name from the WWII P-51 was put to use. As sleek and affordable, the Mustang was promoted as "the unexpedted". Several planned leaks to the media would build the excitement as the coming debut gets closer.

On April 17, 1964, the Mustang was introduced to the public and was an instant success. Sales would total over 100,000 in the first four months! In 1965, the fastback was introduced and by 1966 you could choose from 5 engine options. Carrol Shelby became involved in 1965 with the high performance "Shelby" Mustang. Mustangs were popping up in middle class driveways everywhere. By the end of the first year, 417,000 were sold."

http://www.mustangsx2.com/home.html

Archived