Im Sorry So Sorry

NJTank

I am one of Pete Rose's biggest supporters for reinstatement, it bothers me a whole lot he is not in the Hall of Fame, but their are time he even does things that make me bang my head and say "Why Pete?"

This is one of them he is selling baseballs for $1,000 that are signed appologies.

home0918.jpg

Story

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I'll support his induction into the HoF the day after he dies. As for reinstatement to baseball, never.

Pete Rose's accomplishments on the field are without question Hall of Fame worthy. Unfortunately betting on baseball, regardless of the circumstances, or for that matter doing anything that could be construed as damaging the integrity of the game, is for good reason an activity for which the punishment fits the crime.

nav-logo.png

Well how can you not love Pete the player, grew up on wrong side of the tracks, blue collar from Cincy, and all he did was hustle he never gave less then 100% he dove for everything never stopped never played soft, always played hard. Not much natural abillity but he worked his ass off.

Pete Rose was the guy in the bar who said if I got a chnace to play Id do this and that and would not care about my body getting dirty do whatever it took, play whatever possition. He was a 2B, 3B, OF, and 1B, he actually got a chance and he did it.

But sometimes he just makes you shake your head.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I was always a fan of A. Barlett Giamatti. I always liked the fact that he was a true fan of the game, before he was Commissioner. I trusted his decisions based on the fact he knew what was best for the game of baseball. I like the fact that his offspring is one of America's best character actors (Paul Giamatti, "Lady in the Water", "Sideways", "Private Parts").

Rose has never been ashamed or sorry for the fact he bet on baseball. Betting does not take away his accomplishments, so put his equipment in the Hall of Fame, and list him somewhere as a record holder. But until he shows remorse for his egregious act, the only way he should get into the Hall of Fame is to shell out the $30 for an admission ticket.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

What Pete Rose did was far far worse than what any of the steriod players did. While McGwire, Bonds, Giambi, Sosa, ect. cheated they at least cheated to try and win. Pete Rose essentially cheated to lose games. You can say he never betted against the Reds it doesn't matter. The reason being is because the games he didn't bet one he managed differently to help out the other games he did bet on. He essentially betted against the Reds the days he didn't bet on the Reds. He nearly destroyed the integrity of the game and should never be inducted into the Hall of Fame.

I used to be for Rose's reinstatement until that last bit of proof came through. Now I think he's a jerk that needs to go away.

However, I still think he deserves to be a member of the Hall of Fame with an asterik on his plaque. I think posthumous awards of any kind are absurd and his playing statistics more than speak for themselves. I think we can dissociate his managerial career with his playing career and that should get him into the Hall.

All the same, with Selig as comissioner, there's no way that's happening.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Well how can you not love Pete the player, grew up on wrong side of the tracks, blue collar from Cincy, and all he did was hustle he never gave less then 100% he dove for everything never stopped never played soft, always played hard. Not much natural abillity but he worked his ass off.

Pete Rose was the guy in the bar who said if I got a chnace to play Id do this and that and would not care about my body getting dirty do whatever it took, play whatever possition. He was a 2B, 3B, OF, and 1B, he actually got a chance and he did it.

He's also the guy who bet on his own sport and became a convicted felon for tax evasion.

Ignoring those facts is somewhat akin to saying, "O.J. Simpson... yeah he killed those two people, but hey - a HELLUVA running back..."

nav-logo.png

He's also the guy who bet on his own sport and became a convicted felon for tax evasion.

Ignoring those facts is somewhat akin to saying, "O.J. Simpson... yeah he killed those two people, but hey - a HELLUVA running back..."

No one who appeared in a Hertz commercial with his mother could ever be a bad man...

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

No one who appeared in a Hertz commercial with his mother could ever be a bad man...

And he's looking for the REAL killers,too.

And he's looking for the REAL killers,too.

I think he finds the real killer whenever he looks in a mirror. <_<

Or was that sarcasm on your part? You forgot the smiley.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Maybe it's just me, but maybe someone went to Pete and said they had a way for him to make some easy money and here's what it is. Pete being not so bright agreed to it and this is what we got. We all know that Pete is money motivated and at this point is probably worth more money being banned then actually being in the Hall of Fame. This is a case where infamy is worth more.

I actually just met Pete over the weekend at a Long Island Ducks game. I'm a batboy for the Ducks (actually, I was working as the Bluefish batboy this game), and he was in the Bluefish clubhouse with his son (who plays for the Bluefish), signing some autographs. Actually surprisingly seemed like a nice guy. He ragged on me a little for working for a 2nd place team (the Ducks are 2nd to the Bluefish), and stuff.

I actually just met Pete over the weekend at a Long Island Ducks game. I'm a batboy for the Ducks (actually, I was working as the Bluefish batboy this game), and he was in the Bluefish clubhouse with his son (who plays for the Bluefish), signing some autographs. Actually surprisingly seemed like a nice guy. He ragged on me a little for working for a 2nd place team (the Ducks are 2nd to the Bluefish), and stuff.

I've met Pete four times, he had a sports cafe across the street from where I always stayed in Florida.

Seemed like a very nice guy every time I met him.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Archived