GaTech Uni Question

jagler

in the spirit of the wreck wearing their (very cool looking) throwbacks tonight--was wondering about some somewhat recent GaTech uni history..........around what year did they make the switch away from the blue tops? any sort of general timeline would really be appreciated, trying to piece some things together, thanks..

everton.png

in the spirit of the wreck wearing their (very cool looking) throwbacks tonight--was wondering about some somewhat recent GaTech uni history..........around what year did they make the switch away from the blue tops? any sort of general timeline would really be appreciated, trying to piece some things together, thanks..

They haven't worn navy in a while. Most;y because they wore white everywhere.

MtM, yeah i actually found some stuff in their media guide (dug it up) looks like they went to the white home/away in 95...but wore the navy at times up to then...not sure if they ever wore the navy post-95....no biggie of course..

ps-pedro looks good so far...hopefully no more tears

everton.png

I'm almost positive they haven't worn blue jerseys since 94, the last year that the NCAA mandated that the home team had to wear colored jerseys (this rule was in effect from 1983 to 94, and I'd imagine GT and LSU were against it all the way, seeing as they resumed wearing white at home as soon as that rule took the long walk).

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Are the numbers and helmet stripes on these throwbacks black or a really dark navy? I thought someone on here said they used black for a while and the stripe on the helmet looks black but up close the numbers on the jerseys look like a really dark navy.

I agree that the white helmets look really good. It could be because its new but it wouldn't be a step back if they went to those full-time.

GT has had a tradition that they wear white everywhere when they can. Some coaches ro teams go back to a more traditional home/away, but the whites only always fades back into prominence.

GT has been wearing gold as their non-white for at least 10 years now. 90 was the last blue jersey I personally remember.

I wish they'd ban the gold jerseys. I dont like em.

Tonights throwbacks look cool, though.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

I'm almost positive they haven't worn blue jerseys since 94, the last year that the NCAA mandated that the home team had to wear colored jerseys (this rule was in effect from 1983 to 94, and I'd imagine GT and LSU were against it all the way, seeing as they resumed wearing white at home as soon as that rule took the long walk).

You beat me to it on the old the NCAA rule. As for tonight, I think they look like when you woild see Vandy on their one TBS appearance during the mid-80s. Old gol looks great, but the white helmet looks dated to me.

Those would be terrific with a navy colored jersey. I'm not a fan of gold jerseys. The white helmet and pants, both with the matching stripe, are outstanding, and even with the gold jersey, that set blows away what they wear now. Here's a comparison for those who aren't familiar with their current threads:

va-geot-7-lg.jpg

d57e09a6-2d4e-4459-af14-7137d91dcbe9.jpg

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

I actually like the current unis better, alot better in fact. I just like the gold helmet much more.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

Seeing the colors side by side, you can tell and I like the new colors. Last night, the only thing that made me think that was a different jersey was the absence of the word mark. I don't like the throwback helmet at all. Why did they hate on the navy jersey? Is it because a ton of schools have that scheme? The gold jersey is unique, but the helmet should match the numbers blue/white outline.

On a side note, no college should get white at home. Look at the mess it has the NFL in. What is/was the reason for GT and LSU?

KISSwall09.jpg

I think the rule shoudl always be, "The home team choses what jersey they will wear, the visitor has to bring a contrasting color."

If I were the Tech AD, we'd never wear Gold jerseys.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Archived