New NHL.com

OMMF

249860120_7604f49274_o.gif

The prototype for the new-look NHL.com features a much more striking visual presence compared with the current site?s relatively staid, text-based look. Not unlike many leading sports sites, a box for video content such as game highlights is near the upper right corner of the page. No video will launch without user activation, though, with the league seeking to avoid the type of complaints levied on ESPN.com, MLB.com and others who employ non-user-initiated video.

Key stats and fantasy game information will be located on the main page instead of being buried within the site as in years past. The new site also features player headshots throughout the main page and within the supplementary pages.

They better replace the old Buffalo logo with the new one.....

From what I'm seeing on the picture, it looks like they've still got the old buffalo head as the logo. :therock:

stars.jpg

dallasmavericks.gif

style1,JBPerry.png

<embed src="http://www.clocklink.com/clocks/5005-Blue.swf?TimeZone=CST&TimeFormat=hhmmssTT" width="180" height="60" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

joshuabperry@sbcglobal.net

My Webpage

They better replace the old Buffalo logo with the new one.....

From what I'm seeing on the picture, it looks like they've still got the old buffalo head as the logo. :therock:

It is a protype probably done a while ago in the offseason. I'm sure the might have shown it to people so they kept the old buffalo head as to not give the slug away.

SO. FREAKIN. AWESOME.

NHL.com has lacked a nice navigation system and presentation, it's been crappy and most people would prefer to go elsewhere to find their hockey stats and scores than crappy NHL.com, but now, this website looks much more up-to-par with NBA.com and NFL.com...a MUCH more modern look than NHL.com is currently featuring which looks like a bunch of high school students designed it...

I'd say it looks good, but a little too cluttered. We'll see if the navigation is better than their current website...

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

Looks like they're embracing 1024x768, using the extra space for more than just ads.

I'd say it's still too cluttered. Their nav is a waste, barely making an effort to follow the "Rule of Seven" by putting lines in to group related links.

The news is more visible, and that's the big upgrade.

Really, with what they started with it wasn't hard to do better. Overall, upgrade, but that (as seen) didn't take much.

No video will launch without user activation, though, with the league seeking to avoid the type of complaints levied on ESPN.com, MLB.com and others who employ non-user-initiated video.

Thank god for that. I'm also exclusive to SI.com now because of ESPN.com banging me over the head with various ads and videos.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

• 2 weeks later...

Archived