Pacific Division

1. Anaheim*

2. San Jose*

3. Dallas*

4. Los Angeles

5. Phoenix

*playoff teams

STANLEY CUP FINALS: Anaheim over Buffalo

Geez, no respect for Luongo in Vancouver. Not even making the playoffs? Colorado in last? Minnesota second? ^_^ This is not your fathers NHL.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

For the most part, this seems alright. However, I think Montreal will make playoffs, probably over Boston, if I had to take one of those teams out. Atlant doesn't strike me as playoff quality either, actually. In the west, I'd definitely have Vancouver in the playoffs. They've been a great team over the past few years, and I don't think losing Bertuzzi's going to completely kill their chances. Teams like LA and Phoenix strike me as possible sleepers as well. I think it's going to be an interesting year.

Wow...I actually have the exact same two teams in the Finals (though I have the Buffalo Fightin' Slugs winning it)

There are a couple things I can't understand, however.

First off, how is Philly in 3rd place, behind the Rangers? I think they're one of the top teams in the East. Also, Atlanta and Boston are NOT playoff teams, while Montreal and Tampa Bay should be good enough to make it in.

And there's no way in hell the Wild are in the playoffs ahead of the Canucks and Avs.

espnsig.gif

And there's no way in hell the Wild are in the playoffs ahead of the Canucks and Avs.

your in for a big surprise dude...the Wild are gonna be a a great team this while they only lost some smaller players they picked up a big time powerplay D, a nice passing compliment for gaborik that also happens to be his best friend, a hard-nosed gritty winger that scores and also a puck-moving speedy d-man plsu and leader/gritty veteren defenseman. They're going to be a totally new team this season while the avs lsot one of thier top forwards for a solid but not outstanding defenseman while also you never know how theo will play hes always hot or cold...

spacer.png

ya comeon vancouver will atleast be better than the oilerr.

Let this be a lesson to you kids. Don't drink and post. :P

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Damn now the Sabres are not under the radar they will be focusing on the Slugs errr. Sabres, the opponent will see this game as a standpoint game. Beat the best.

The Hurricanes are the best, being picked by SI in hockey doesn't mean anything.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

Damn now the Sabres are not under the radar they will be focusing on the Slugs errr. Sabres, the opponent will see this game as a standpoint game. Beat the best.

The Hurricanes are the best, being picked by SI in hockey doesn't mean anything.

OK second best in the East :P

saBS.png

Quick thoughts...

Edmonton is a VERY fast team this year again, they've got one of the deepest teams in the west and can get scoring input from all four lines, while Vancouver will have 2 good lines, and two crap lines (so far what I've seen through pre-season) and scoring will be hard to come by, although, we chose to trade scoring for goaltending, and an awesome one at that, so I'm not too worried...playoffs for Vancouver this year? Not for sure by any means, so I can accept analysts who say Vancouver will miss, but if we can get scoring input from our defense and our checking lines, this team could be pretty good.

Although the East wont he cup last year, the West seems like the stronger conference again(As far as number of good teams). The East, it's tough to pick a 7 and 8 seed because they're all pretty poor. In the West, it's tough, but because there are so many teams that are playoff quality.

SI is notoriously bad about forecasting hockey.  I'm surprised they even gave that much thought to the sport.

Yale,

When has SI ever been accurate at predicting anything?

fc_1_b.JPG

I rest my case.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Archived