Bulls' Black Alternate

Shroinke

I was running through the NBA's online store, and saw my Bulls' alternate jersey now has red and white piping along the arm holes, and seems to be cut more like a traditional jersey rather than the oversized shoulders it used to have. Not all the pictures there looked the same.

Bulls Jerseys

B00063A2KO.01-AT26F6GZJEB06._AA231_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Then, when I went to the Bulls' home page, I saw a picture of Tyrus Thomas in an alternate uniform that included the trim.

thomas_hp_060907.jpg

Anyone know what the story with this is?

Top one's a replica. You can tell by the Reebok logo underneath the NBA logo patch.

Reebok makes replicas with wide shoulders, not sure why. Piping/collar trim isn't usually 100% accurate either.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Top one's a replica. You can tell by the Reebok logo underneath the NBA logo patch.

Reebok makes replicas with wide shoulders, not sure why. Piping/collar trim isn't usually 100% accurate either.

The top jersey was in NBA Live 06...... I dont know how accurate live 06 is, but i thought i rememberd them have the top ones last year. I believe the ones with the piping ARE NEW........I could be wrong.

EDIT: In fact here are the black alts from February 06:

56727072.jpg

(PROPERTY OF GETTY IMAGES)

BTW: they need to bring back these bad-boys,

c9_1.jpg

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Thanks for pic of last year's alternates in action, LEWJ.

Also, I totally agree about adopting the sweet pinstripe number as either a 3rd jersey or maybe a HWC jersey in honor of the '96-'98 champs. It'd be real unique, since the Pacers (and further in the past, Rockets) have eliminated all pinstripe jerseys in the NBA.

Thanks for pic of last year's alternates in action, LEWJ.

Also, I totally agree about adopting the sweet pinstripe number as either a 3rd jersey or maybe a HWC jersey in honor of the '96-'98 champs. It'd be real unique, since the Pacers (and further in the past, Rockets) have eliminated all pinstripe jerseys in the NBA.

yep no problem, i love helpin out....

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

No, leave those "bad boys" in the 1990s. After last year's Chicago Stags debacle where they looked like they were just hanging out at the Y or something, I don't want to see the Bulls wear any throwbacks or alternates.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

People like those pinstripe jerseys even now? I agree that they were cool as something different way back in 96/97. But now? It's very, very dated.

Oh wait, are multi-colored Yankees hats still cool?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Love this! It's the type of jersey the NBA should see more of. Classic striped arm holes and necks. Beautiful.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Love this! It's the type of jersey the NBA should see more of. Classic striped arm holes and necks. Beautiful.

I agree. Simple, classic, and looks good. The only thing I would do is make it say "Bulls" to match the red and white jersey.

KISSwall09.jpg

Yeah, I like the older style of arm holes over the new kind that just looks like a shirt with the sleeves cut off. I've never cared for the baggy style in the NBA. It just looks like there's too much fabric there. There has to be a happy medium between this style and John Stockton.

Thomas is wearing a brand new black jersey.

The first black jerseys, worn from 96-97, (shown above) had red pinstripes and BULLS on the chest.

The second set, worn from 98-?, looked just like the first, minus the pinstripes.

The third set, worn up until this past year, had a V neck, the sloppy big shoulders with no trim, and had "Chicago" on the chest.

All the previous black jerseys had the triple stripes on the trim (white-black-red). These have 5 stripes, just like the red and white jerseys. If they have continuity, the shorts will have the diamond panel on the sides.

Big improvement, IMO.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

If they added pinstripes to that, it would look like crap and ruin it. They're not good outside of baseball, guys.

I wish they'd use that Chicago script for the red jerseys. I don't think that would be a bad change. Oh, and no dazzle fabric, if possible.

Thomas is wearing a brand new black jersey.

The first black jerseys, worn from 96-97, (shown above) had red pinstripes and BULLS on the chest.

The second set, worn from 98-?, looked just like the first, minus the pinstripes.

The third set, worn up until this past year, had a V neck, the sloppy big shoulders with no trim, and had "Chicago" on the chest.

how are wide shoulders sloppy? I always wondered why so many of you think that, cus I tend to think that looks better than the traditional tank top cut, cus I'll be real, not everybody can make the old style work. basically, I'd just like to know why.

back on topic, I don't mind the new collar/cuffs, but they looked better to me before.

:D

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Like I said, it just looks incomplete, because most of us grew up with the classic jerseys that had the cuffs and collar, or whatever we're calling it. That's what we think of when we think of good basketball jerseys, and these wishbone collar/vest things are a step down.

Archived