Colorado special uniform in 1998

bigwalk

Does anyone happen to know when (or rather, against whom) Colorado wore their one game uniform with the black helmet in 1998? I've been trying to find a picture but whiffing so far. Thanks.

It was against Baylor. They also wore gold uniforms for that game. The official colors of CU is silver and gold which were adopted in 1888.

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

The official colors of CU is silver and gold which were adopted in 1888.

Correct. Black is not an official school color. Matter of fact, for a number of years in the 80's CU ditched black and used sky blue as their base color.

It is just so tacky that CU wears black when it isn't even an official color. This issue has bugged me for years, and it was made worse when they started wearing those stripeless black pants in the late 1980s and began a trend that only began to abate over the last few years.

It is just so tacky that CU wears black when it isn't even an official color. This issue has bugged me for years, and it was made worse when they started wearing those stripeless black pants in the late 1980s and began a trend that only began to abate over the last few years.

This tidbit is from Wikipedia.

Colors

The official school colors are silver and gold, adopted in 1888 as a symbol of the mineral wealth of the state. In 1959 the athletic teams started using black and yellow instead of silver and gold because silver and gold ended up looking like dirty white and dirty yellow. The colors have stuck and most people don't even know the school colors are silver and gold.

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

Colors

The official school colors are silver and gold, adopted in 1888 as a symbol of the mineral wealth of the state. In 1959 the athletic teams started using black and yellow instead of silver and gold because silver and gold ended up looking like dirty white and dirty yellow. The colors have stuck and most people don't even know the school colors are silver and gold.

So basically the school colors are gold and black. I guess that about settles it.

Actually, CU wore a pale blue and gold uniforms during the Fairbanks era that looked very much like UCLA. After Fairbanks, the Buffs reverted back to black and gold but kept a small bit of the pale blue on the sleeve stripes that was eventually discarded for good.

FsQiF2W.png

boy do i feel stupid.

i thought he meant when the colorado avalanche wore black helmets with their white sweaters, in their inaugural season in denver.

For some reason I didn't mind that look too much for the Avs....the black helmet with white sweaters.

Colors

So basically the school colors are gold and black. I guess that about settles it.

Actually, gold, black and silver. It depends on the sport.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Thanks for all the info. Any one got any pics of the Buffs with any blue color or trim?

It's black and white but I don't think those jersey's are black. That's from the 85-86 team.

basketball_m_1985-86_team.jpg

This the 1921 CU baseball team pic....i can't tell what the colors are here either.

baseball_1921_team.jpg

and the last pic is from 1955....is that gold jersey's with gold pants and a gold helmet?

ward_01.jpg

and an interesting helmet and jersey for CU....don't know the year.

casotti-05.jpg

79156-x.jpg

and an interesting helmet and jersey for CU....don't know the year.

casotti-05.jpg

somehow, "The autumn wind is a buffalo" just doesn't have the same ring to it ;)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Toward the tail end of this video, you can see the gold uni and black helmet that Chiaverini has on.

Also, here's a photo of that helmet...

cu2.gif

I remember that game. I didn't mind the black helmets but I wasn't too big on the gold jerseys. I thought they should've went throwback uniforms.

Archived