New Logo for NFL Europe?

Wellsandt

I'm guessing that this functions as a placeholder logo for the eventual transition to "NFL Deutschland," once they strongarm the Admirals out of Amsterdam and transfer the franchise to (insert random German city here.)

Who says they're doing that? The Germans seem to like American football, and it isn't taking off anywhere else. Why shouldn't they move teams to Germany?

Well considering that the league's official plan is to expand to 8 teams by 2010, and its two cities targeted for expansion are both in Germany, I'm guessing there's a very odd definition of "shortly" being bounced around in this thread.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Well considering that the league's official plan is to expand to 8 teams by 2010, and its two cities targeted for expansion are both in Germany, I'm guessing there's a very odd definition of "shortly" being bounced around in this thread.

2010? The site itself says 2008, 2 years before what you just said.

So, we're looking at Germany and Austria. Pretty soon they'll annex the Czech Republic....it's starting again!!!

Please god, don't let the league commissioner be related to Neville Chamberlain!

Hate to tell you but the league is planning expansion to Austria shortly . . . .

Which is basically Little Germany.

Say that again and I'll have to clean your mouth with liquid soap my friend! ^_^

I'm from Austria and all I can say about the NFLE is that we would LOVE see it move to Asia instead of ruining amateur football over here.

2010? The site itself says 2008, 2 years before what you just said.

So, we're looking at Germany and Austria. Pretty soon they'll annex the Czech Republic....it's starting again!!!

Please god, don't let the league commissioner be related to Neville Chamberlain!

No, the site says it's looking to license two investors for 2007, and a potential third for 2008. That means they're trying to shift the teams from league ownership to local ownership - in other words, please, for the love of God, someone partially get this money-hemorrhaging monkey off our back! That could actually be a step in the right direction for the league - local ownership could be more inclined to do more to sell their product, instead of a gigantic league willling to suck up all the losses. As for any assertions that Austria is just around the corner, here's the quote from NFLE Managing Director Jim Connelly:

?In addition, the Board heard updates on the status of other German markets that remain interested in securing an NFLEL franchise. The top two market candidates are Hanover and Leipzig. These discussions and levels of interest will serve us well when we finally implement expansion and we remain optimistic we can attain our long-term goal of an eight-team, two-division, 12- game season by 2010.?

Austria? Not in this decade.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• 2 months later...
  • LMU pinned, unpinned and locked this topic

Archived